`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dispute grading

RE: How to dispute grading
While there is no way to "dispute" final grades , you won't like the work around method / explanation
I just had an Ichiro rookie card grade a 5.5 that 3 different people including myself couldn't see issues

Since disputes are not allowed on the final grade I decided to do a work around
I paid for a GCR ( Graded Card Review) and also sent extra $$ for a re-slab.

By paying the GCR fee, if it bumped = its paid for the review, if it doesn't bump I get the white slip back with marks where the issue is located explaining why the review wasn't upgraded. Basically- paid for the formal Review service / explanation. I also sent $8 for a re-slab . Turned out to be a minor surface flaw that affected just the very top of the back surface that could only be seen at a very specific angle and even then only under the right lighting. An expensive lesson but a reminder that not everything can be seen easily.

So eating the review fee wasn't nice but at least its got a shiny new slab. And its still an Ichiro rookie.
I'd think long and hard about value versus time/investment in getting the explanation.

If its a couple hundred difference- worth a GCR review
If not- sigh- personal choice. I dont like a card I sell and take a loss- lesson learned.

jeff

Messages In This Thread
How to dispute grading - by BooneDaisy - 10-06-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: How to dispute grading - by y2hood - 10-06-2021, 08:40 PM
RE: How to dispute grading - by jeffv96masters - 10-10-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: How to dispute grading - by y2hood - 10-11-2021, 05:49 AM