Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED]
Let me know any Angels you pull too.
Angels cards - Jo Adell, Mike Trout, Reid Detmers, Ohtani, Bachman, O'Hoppe, Joyce, Zach Neto etc. 

Looking for Bowman Chrome Draft and Chrome Prospects set fillers. PM me what you have avail!

Case #1, Box #6

Prospect refractor /500: Rob Brantly
Refractor prospect auto /500: Alex Colome

Comments: No color; not cool.
Grade: D
Case #1, Box #7

Blue refractor /150: Eduardo Nunez
Gold refractor /50: Fernando Abad
Refractor USA U18 auto /417: Mikey White

Prospect auto: Starling Marte
Grade: C

Comments: I was just thinking how it was weird that I hadn’t seen any gold refractors yet.

Good luck. Exciting breaks as always.

Case #1, Box #8

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Higashioka
Blue refractors /150: Edwin Jackson, Buster Posey
Prospect auto: Hunter Morris

Comments: About time for a Bryce Harper.
Grade: C

Case #1, Box #9

Superfractor 1/1: Ryan Tatusko
Prospect auto: Jordan Swagerty

Comments: Not the super I would have chosen, but it’s really nice to pull one, especially when you consider that I’m nine times likelier to pull a plate or a red refractor first. Thought for sure it was gonna be the Harper auto. Smile
Grade: A+

(10-19-2011, 10:18 PM)pyweed Wrote: Case #1, Box #8

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Higashioka
Blue refractors /150: Edwin Jackson, Buster Posey
Prospect auto: Hunter Morris

Comments: About time for a Bryce Harper.

Case #1, Box #9

Superfractor 1/1: Ryan Tatusko
Prospect auto: Jordan Swagerty

Comments: Not the super I would have chosen, but it’s really nice to pull one, especially when you consider that I’m nine times likelier to pull a plate or a red refractor first. Thought for sure it was gonna be the Harper auto. Smile
Your only 9 boxes in an already your case blows mine away! I predict this will the the highlight case of your break.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

unless I'm reading it wrong if morris is the lowest auto I think I'd win the tiebreaker!

shame I don't even like football LOL will have to find some kids locally who would be into em if I do win it!

pull a super auto of someone good before this case is up!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

need hosmers crows duffys montgomerys and wil myers any and all pm me with a list base 1 of each pujols michael young rolen butler hamilton and kinsler refractors all of those guys except hamilton and michael young gold all but butler and michael young orange all but butler red all blue all.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

If you pull anything of Mark Reynolds, I'd love to trade you for them!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

I don't wish to speak for him, but I know in all the past breaks/contests I've been a part of he doesn't usually trade and everything gets posted up for sale on ebay
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Case #1, Box #10

Gold refractor /50: Brody Colvin
Throwback refractor /99: Tony Sanchez
Prospect auto: Matt Moore

Comments: Wow, those throwback refractors are numbered pretty low. I gather the Bowman’s Best also have very low numbered refractors, as I haven’t seen any yet. Nice auto, nice gold.
Grade: A-

Case #1, Box #11

Prospect refractor /500: Cotton Cain
Blue refractor /150: David Ortiz
Throwback international xfractor /25: Ichiro Suzuki
Blue refractor prospect auto: Kendrick Perkins

Comments: The xfractor is all little squares and the reverse of the card is in Japanese. Pretty freaking cool. Nice blue auto too. The orange refractor in box #1 is still the lowest numbered prospect auto, so Carpenter’s 87 pitches puts in the lead. predicted 89 pitches (the first of two contestants to do so), an impressive prophecy that puts him just one box away from being the contest winner.
Grade: A

Case #1, Box #12

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Parker
Blue refractor /150: Corey Hart
Prospect auto: David Bromberg

Grade: F+

Comments: One case down. I lost all Internet while busting this first case, which was really frustrating because I was at the final two tables of a poker tournament with a couple hundred entries. As I write this I still don’t know if I somehow squeaked into the final table on auto-fold. There were 13 players left when my Internet went, with 9 to be seated at the final table (which constitutes the next pay level). I had blinds and antes enough for four complete orbits but I was only in 7th or 8th overall, so it’s probably wishful thinking. But damn – I had a decent shot at going deep. Anyway, I’m typing all this in hopes that I can load up four boxes’ worth of posts before I go to bed.

I’ll start tracking eBay prices pretty soon. The prices aren’t anywhere close to stable and won’t be for some time, but I’m hoping that by the time I end my break I’ll be able to evaluate where I stand with this break. My sense is that I did pretty well with the first case, but not amazingly well. Yes, the superfractor is beautiful, but its cash value is quite modest. I got some solid autos, but not amazing autos. If I have to grade this case market-blind, I’ll say B. Your input and appraisal are quite welcome.

Congratulations to our contest winner, johnxgodfree!!. A former champion, correct? Please PM me with your mailing address and I’ll get your monster chrome lot out in the mail immediately. While I’m waiting for the Internet to come back I’ll go scan a couple of the more interesting cards. Good night all. Oh, BTW – Thursday I’ll post the new contest info, but I may not be able to bust much until Friday because Thursday is a real mess with my work schedule.

--Internet back up this morning. No time for replies or a postscript. Later tonight.

[Image: case1.jpg]