`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?

RE: Do you like COSTCO to sell cases?
I'd be in for this. Hobby would be a plus since my Local LCS are almost worthless for getting hobby boxes since they cater to the Magic crowd. I'd settle for Retail boxes though

I remember when in Ohio it was called The Wholesale Club. My grandmother worked there and from the years 88-92 every christmas we got 5-6 boxes, sets of cards each. i remember her telling me there was a near riot with people fighting for 1989 fleer wax boxes for the billy ripken error card. She said she tried to put a few back before they opened that day but management said no. I remember she felt bad and she took me and my cousin to a local card show at holiday inn shortly after and bought each of us the blackbox version...she had no idea the error was the f bomb on his bat. lol
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Sams and BJs are other wholesale clubs that both used to sell boxes of cards. I remember going to Sams back in the early to mid 90s and getting boxes of Action Packed football and a few others. A lot more stores carried cards back in the early 90s due to the mass of collectors at the time. It would be nice if they started carrying sealed boxes, but I don't think cases would sell that well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Cases, no way. Boxes yes. Each box individually sealed like they are now. Sams Club did it in the 1990's but obviously they stopped selling and therefore werent worth the shelf space. I would get one box for my birthday and one for christmas.

Dont think it will ever happen, if they were hot enough sellers, they would already be doing it. Just too many other bulk items they can sell to make a better profit. Part of the reason these warehouse type stores did sell was they were cheaper than the LCS, and any other store that sold (I remember most gas stations selling cards when I was young). With the internet now, their prices probably woudlnt even be as good as the internet prices, creating even less demand. And if they lowered prices, they wouldnt make enough of a profit to justify the shelf space. Will never happen imo...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Let's imagine that I am the Costco Owner, Founder, President and CEO. I will offer hobby cases, even cases of jumbo boxes at master configuration and all will be priced at MSRP (no increase in price but no decrease too, for the whole year [season year for its respective sport]).

Will you buy or not? What are the pros and cons, in your personal opinion, in this business move for my company?

Fine print will say: No pre-sell order, no refund, no exchange and no return. Once the item leaves the door of Costco, buyer is responsible of any kind of damage to the purchased item.

PLMK guys.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

nope. there is not enough interest in cases due to high prices. And those that do buy cases will want the cheaper than msrp they can get online.

For your company, you will have product taking up a lot of room that isnt selling. Therefore, you wont do it in the first place.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.
Smile 
MSRP and SRP is the same, right? People buy cases after cases in an online card shop to break. They pay those prices. I guess it should apply to a brick and mortar wholesale giant store.

Enlighten me on this, please. Anyone can post, thanks.

(02-24-2012, 03:49 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: MSRP and SRP is the same, right? People buy cases after cases in an online card shop to break. They pay those prices. I guess it should apply to a brick and mortar wholesale giant store.

Enlighten me on this, please. Anyone can post, thanks.
Becuase they get them cheaper online than a brick and mortar place! Who is paying msrp online?
Smile 
(02-24-2012, 05:23 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Becuase they get them cheaper online than a brick and mortar place! Who is paying msrp online?
Who? So many! For example, the National Treasures in Bl?w Out C?rds dot com. MSRP, search it on wikipedia. Oh, please read my post about selling the hobby cases and not increasing nor decreasing the MSRP of the item, so on and so on, again!

Yeah, you read this post right. Read very well and think before you post. I'm looking forward for your reply. Hopefully it is good enough to contribute to this thread.

Sams Club sold cards in my town 1990-1996. Also sold Scoreboard memorabilia. They told me they were glad to stop because of greedy collectors and shop owners fighting over the boxes when they came in. I remember shop owners buying all the best boxes by paying employees to not put them on the shelf until they could be there to buy them. Really pissed off the average collectors wanting to buy a couple of boxes. So, good idea but would limit quantity one person could buy in a visit.
Photobucket