`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick the winner- Sunday at Phoenix

RE: Pick the winner- Sunday at Phoenix
(03-03-2012, 05:54 PM)ryancholden Wrote: Well you definitely got me there...I checked, and in 15 starts, Carl's average finish is a salty 12.27, with 1 win, 10 top 10's and 6 top 5's.

But.... Carl has his crew chief, because when the #99 team cheats, they cheat well enough not to get caught! :-) I've never heard Osbourne tell Carl to smash his car up if he wins....over the radio waves....for the world to hear. Oh, and Carl isn't 23 points in the hole going into the 2nd race of the year... And Rousch didn't need to scratch out a $100,000 check to Bob Osbourne that wasn't part of his salary package.

But judging from the past few years, with the championships and AP Male Athlete of the Year and so on, I guess the #48 team certainly proved wrong the notion of "cheaters never win"!

There... I feel better. Stinking Jimmie Johnson.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying to win!!!

I'd like to say Gordon, but starting 30th....Ouch!! Just betting the odds here, gonna go with Kahne!

(03-04-2012, 09:56 AM)jeffgordonracing24 Wrote: If you're not cheating, you're not trying to win!!!
That's why I said that when the 99 cheats, they figure out how not to get caught! LOL
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

The worst part about it was that whatever Chad did it was so bad NASCAR didnt even measure.
It was a visual infraction. I mean damn! If they dont even have to break out the tape to measure what you did wrong you know youre busted Big Grin
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Avondale, AZ – Chad Knaus, the crew chief for Jimmie Johnson's No. 48 Chevrolet, said on Friday he was "deeply saddened" by NASCAR's penalty assessed to him for rules infractions that occurred at Daytona International Speedway last month.

Two days after NASCAR handed him a six-race suspension and a $100,000 fine, Knaus publicly commented on the penalty he and his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports team received for an illegal part found on Johnson's car during the February 17 opening-day inspection for the Daytona 500.

During inspection, NASCAR officials found the C-post on Johnson's car to be illegal. A C-post is the panel that connects the rear of the car's roof to the top of the rear quarter panel or deck lid area. The part was confiscated and then sent to NASCAR's Research and Development Center in Concord, North Carolina for further evaluation.
NASCAR said at the time of the incident it planned on issuing any penalties it deemed necessary to Johnson's team after Speedweeks had concluded at Daytona.
Johnson and car owner Jeff Gordon were penalized with a loss of 25 driver and owner points. Car chief Ron Malec also received a six-race suspension.

"We didn't expect this," Knaus said. "It's not the way that we wanted to start off the season. It is good to have the support of everybody at Hendrick Motorsports. We will go after this thing, hopefully get it resolved and beaten and go back to business. Right now, we are focused on getting through Phoenix and trying to win this championship this year."

Since Hendrick Motorsports is appealing the penalty, Knaus and Malec are allowed to participate in this weekend's Sprint Cup Series race activities at Phoenix International Raceway. The race is scheduled for Sunday. NASCAR has yet to announce a date for the appeal.
"We are very fortunate to have this ability to go through the appeal process," Knaus added. "That is something NASCAR put in place a long time ago. I'm glad that they do. It's unfortunate that teams have to take advantage of the appeal process from time to time, but it is good that it is there. We have seen something's changed, reversed, minimized and some maximized at different times. Hopefully, we will get it going in our favor."

Johnson is minus-23 in points as of now. He earned just two points for finishing 42nd in last Monday night's rain-delayed Daytona 500. Johnson was one of six drivers involved in a crash after the completion of the first lap.

He is 70 markers behind Daytona 500 winner and current points leader Matt Kenseth. With 25 races remaining to qualify for this year's Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, Knaus is not concerned with how much of a hole the No. 48 team is in right now
"We somehow or another seem to get through adversity pretty well," he said. "I'm not saying we like a challenge like this, but I'm pretty sure we will rise to the occasion."

Knaus is also not worried about this penalty tarnishing his reputation.
"Honestly, I'm here to do the best I can No. 48 team, and that is all that really matters to me," he noted. "As far as my reputation goes, I'm not too concerned about that. What we want to do is go out there and do the best thing we can for Hendrick Motorsports, the best thing for [team sponsor] Lowe's and try to win races and championships."
Knaus has been suspended from NASCAR competition multiple times in the past, particularly for violations that occurred in February 2006 at Daytona and June 2007 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA.

A for effort!!!

On topic: I would love for Carl to win, and think that he can, but there is too good a chance to get caught up in someone else's wreck here. Guys are getting loose into Turn 2 and unless you are consistently running up front I think there will be trouble.

I think the winner will come from one of the top 10 starters - I'm thinking Biffle, although I would love it if it were Regan Smith.

Dark Horse - Truex Jr. (not really a dark horse as he ran great speeds in practice, just did not qualify well).

OFF TOPIC: I do think Chad cheats more than most (they all do a little), but he still has the most brilliant cheat that I am aware of - the adjustable back window! I think it was his Daytona 2006 infraction where the back window was connected to the track bar adjustment hole - when the guys put the wrench in to adjust the track bar on a pit stop, it actually raised the back window (to create more downforce) - brilliant!!

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

and the 99 runs out of fuel. Awesome.

Im not gonna say I told ya so .....But I did mention it ,,,,,Hamlin baby
Photobucket

(03-05-2012, 04:02 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: Im not gonna say I told ya so .....But I did mention it ,,,,,Hamlin baby
Im glad your boy won. The price of Hamlins are going up Wink
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Thanks Carl for taking my man Newman out. Not off to a good start for #39. Oh well VEGAS BABY!