`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*HELP* - normal or tampered?

*HELP* - normal or tampered?
I had a quick question. I recently received a card in trade (from a reliable source)... however, I found it odd that the autograph piece was slightly 'loose' in the slab.

The autograph piece has very little room to move within the encapsulated area.

Also, the autograph piece isn't precisely cut.

The card was graded over five years ago.

Is this normal? can this be expected? Or do I have cause for concern?

thanks!

[Image: grade2.jpg]

RE: *HELP* - normal or tampered?
Do you have anymore scans of the slab? Are you questioning the authenticity of the grade of the autograph, the card, or the autograph itself? I noticed the crack at the bottom left corner, but from what you said and the pic it kind of looks like a BGS error, still need more info though.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(03-05-2012, 09:12 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Do you have anymore scans of the slab? Are you questioning the authenticity of the grade of the autograph, the card, or the autograph itself? I noticed the crack at the bottom left corner, but from what you said and the pic it kind of looks like a BGS error, still need more info though.
I will have the rest of the images up shortly.

I have verified that the BGS id#, subgrades and autograph grade all correlate. I just wanted to make sure that this is normal for the BGS autograph plate to have "wear" or "jiggle" within the encapsulated slab.

[Image: grade1.jpg]
[Image: grade2.jpg]
[Image: BGS95_10_Bowman_RookieAutographsGOLD.jpg]
[Image: BGS95_10_Bowman_RookieAutographsGOLD_back.jpg]

"I have verified that the BGS id#, subgrades and autograph grade all correlate."

If it does all correlate, then I believe that you can be assured that it is not tampered.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

lol, very good point.

I just wanted to validate that all wear seemed "reasonable" in regards to the BGS autograph grade plate. I am not too familiar with BGS autograph grading plates, but I have never noticed a "plate" that had wear and was 'loose.'

Also, the penmanship in his signature with the 'stray' marks above the "y" probably gave me concern in regards to the autograph plate.

Your concerns are all reasonable. IMHO Smile

Thanks for the new scans, looks legit to me, just a grader defect with the loose plate. Nice looking card btw, definitely a keeper.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Thanks to all!

You're welcome.

yea i have 4 card the exact same way they giggle when you move the case around