`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Anyone ever NOT had success crossing from BGS to PSA

RE: Anyone ever NOT had success crossing from BGS to PSA
(03-09-2012, 02:21 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Are you going to send it in the PSA slab or crack it out first?
I know that this wasn't directed at me, but b/c of me being handicap, I have no way of cracking the PSA/SGC slab. So I have to send the cards in those slabs.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I cracked it out of the slab and sent in during the last week of January, so I should see the results in a few more weeks. I will post before and after pics.

On a side note, I have found that cracking slabs are easier to do on a PSA case more than a BCCG case.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(03-09-2012, 02:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote: I cracked it out of the slab and sent in during the last week of January, so I should see the results in a few more weeks. I will post before and after pics.

On a side note, I have found that cracking slabs are easier to do on a PSA case more than a BCCG case.

I guess you can ignore my edit I just put into my post above then. Smile

(03-07-2012, 09:08 PM)y2hood Wrote: Oh boy you're going to stir up a hornet's nest.
Don't really know why. The question is completely valid. This isn't a "bash BGS" thread.

I have crossed a PSA 8 Jordan RC to a BGS 8.5 (didn't crack). From what I've read elsewhere, a BGS 9.5 with a 9 subgrade won't cross to a PSA 10. Not that I don't believe that, but I have personal experience crossing BGS 9's to PSA 10's without cracking the slab. The only reason I received 10's is because PSA didn't recognize a particular surface flaw as a "flaw." To me it seems odd if it is the case that PSA would automatically reject a BGS 9.5 if a subgrade is a 9.
[center][url=http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr273/bballcardkid/prospects/?al
bumview=slideshow]Prospect Collection[/url] [Image: 4b2e33fc-1-1-1.jpg][/center]

Maybe I will try and see what I get on a few card. I have a BGS 8 2003-04 E-X Carmelo Anthony I wonder if I can get a PSA 9 for it. Maybe I should get some of my vintage cards regraded to see what it gets.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]