Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Roy Rookie

Patrick Roy Rookie
Hi,

I am new to the site and have two Patrick Roy rookies. When I pull up the serial number on the one it says 86-87 and Patrick Roy RC! underneath. However, when I pull the other one up it says 86-87 but only says Patrick Roy??? It's the same card BUT I'm not sure why it doesn't say RC beside it?? Is it cause It was done in 2004? or is it not real?? Any info on this would be amazing. Thanks

RE: Patrick Roy Rookie
(05-20-2012, 11:45 AM)csabahegedus Wrote: Hi,

I am new to the site and have two Patrick Roy rookies. When I pull up the serial number on the one it says 86-87 and Patrick Roy RC! underneath. However, when I pull the other one up it says 86-87 but only says Patrick Roy??? It's the same card BUT I'm not sure why it doesn't say RC beside it?? Is it cause It was done in 2004? or is it not real?? Any info on this would be amazing. Thanks
I'm not familiar with Roy's rookie year, but I know that it was before 2004. So if it was done in 2004 then it's probably a reprint.

I hope that this helps.

GOD Bless!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thank you for the reply but I should of been more clear I guess. The actual card is from 86-87 but the grading was done in 2004 for one of them and 2012 for the other one. the one that was done in 2004 had a different casing from BGS and when I pull up the serial number it has 1986-1987 and it says Patrick Roy but does not have the RC beside his name like the one that was graded in 2012 and i'm not certain why? Thanks again.

(05-20-2012, 02:20 PM)csabahegedus Wrote: Thank you for the reply but I should of been more clear I guess. The actual card is from 86-87 but the grading was done in 2004 for one of them and 2012 for the other one. the one that was done in 2004 had a different casing from BGS and when I pull up the serial number it has 1986-1987 and it says Patrick Roy but does not have the RC beside his name like the one that was graded in 2012 and i'm not certain why? Thanks again.
Yeah, I didn't know that Beckett did the RC designation. Can you post scans of the cards?

hi,

sorry but every pic I try putting on is too large but the two serial numbers are 0002926573 (the one in question). and the other one is 0007183029 (good one). If you pull these two up on BGS website you can see in the description that they are identical except one says Patrick Roy RC! and the one just says Patrick Roy....same year, same card, same look?? I am probably going to sell one and I want to be certain before I pass on a replica by accident, which I do not want to do.
and I am looking at the second line when I pull it up under "player name".

(05-20-2012, 03:38 PM)csabahegedus Wrote: hi,

sorry but every pic I try putting on is too large but the two serial numbers are 0002926573 (the one in question). and the other one is 0007183029 (good one). If you pull these two up on BGS website you can see in the description that they are identical except one says Patrick Roy RC! and the one just says Patrick Roy....same year, same card, same look?? I am probably going to sell one and I want to be certain before I pass on a replica by accident, which I do not want to do.
and I am looking at the second line when I pull it up under "player name".
Does the one in question have subgrades on the front or the back?

they are on the back. It seems like you are coming to a conclusion of some sort?? thank you for the help so far and taking the time.

(05-20-2012, 05:58 PM)csabahegedus Wrote: they are on the back. It seems like you are coming to a conclusion of some sort?? thank you for the help so far and taking the time.
You're absolutely right. Since the subgrades are on the back, that means that it's an old label. And it's how they were classifying it back at that time. Back on the original Graded Card Lookup page it states that card titles change over time as they become more mature in the hobby.

So, in conclusion, neither one is incorrect. If you plan on selling one of them, just keep the one that suits your preference.
Oh, you're welcome.

great. thanks again

(05-20-2012, 07:50 PM)csabahegedus Wrote: great. thanks again
No problem.