`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
My 1000 Card Club

RE: My 1000 Card Club
Interesting concept. I need to check my spreadsheet, but I'm pretty sure that I only have more than 1,000 cards of Drew Bledsoe.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

It was a year ago in January since I've added a player to this exclusive club but today I've added nine more Miguel Cabrera cards making him the newest member of my 1000 Card Club. He leapfrogged two other players that were closer to that milestone and I now have 1004 unique Beckett-recognized Cabrera cards making him the 30th member of my 1000 Card Club. In that time I have surpassed 2000 Cal Ripken Jr. and Frank Thomas cards. I have updated the numbers on my first post. The 31th member of my club is currently sitting at just 7 cards away.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Congrats.....miggy is a sure fire HOF’er.....even if his numbers are fading.....maybe 3000 hits and 500 HRs this year
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Congrats on the milestone! Keep it going. Who is 7 away?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Wow, the amount of players you have over 1000 cards of is incredible.  Congrats on the latest addition to the club.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

Zeprock, you really rock!

(04-19-2021, 06:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on the milestone!  Keep it going.  Who is 7 away?
It's still Rafael Palmeiro. He was 25 cards away a year ago. Now just seven. Barry Larkin is next after him at 56 cards away. Miggy leapfrogged both of those players to beat them to the milestone. I don't have any other players in the 900s at this point but several in the 800s. Those are a few years away if they make it at all.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

(04-20-2021, 07:10 AM)zeprock Wrote: It's still Rafael Palmeiro. He was 25 cards away a year ago. Now just seven. Barry Larkin is next after him at 56 cards away. Miggy leapfrogged both of those players to beat them to the milestone. I don't have any other players in the 900s at this point but several in the 800s. Those are a few years away if they make it at all.
that's awesome zeprock! If I ever start trading again I would love to help you out with your want lists.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(04-20-2021, 07:10 AM)zeprock Wrote: It's still Rafael Palmeiro. He was 25 cards away a year ago. Now just seven. Barry Larkin is next after him at 56 cards away. Miggy leapfrogged both of those players to beat them to the milestone. I don't have any other players in the 900s at this point but several in the 800s. Those are a few years away if they make it at all.
I might have 7 Palmeiro cards you need.  Will check your wantlist again!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Thanks guys but Palmeiro will eventually get there. He is one of my "reluctant" collections, meaning I had a good-size collection of him expecting him to make it to the Hall with 3000 hits and 500 home runs. That put him in very elite company but when he got busted for steroids after wagging his finger at congress, I lost a lot of respect for him and he has become low priority among the many players I collect. Still...I collect him.