`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSED]

RE: 2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSES SAT 8PM EST]
Case #5, Box #7, 82 pitches

elbsportscards

RE: 2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSES SAT 8PM EST]
Is it 8PM EST yet??? 5 case break!! man i'm excited for you, ha.

Case 4 box 4, 94 pitches!!! Best of luck to you!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Woohoo! Getting ready to break. Sadly, my fifth case is not going to arrive until Monday, so the contest won't be decided until then. But I'll be able to bust the first four cases tonight and tomorrow for sure.

case 2 box 5 81 pitches

case 3 box 7 88 pitches
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

Case 4 Box 6 108 pitches

Good luck! Especially in case 4 box 6.
[Image: Bp9Yo.png]

CONTEST CLOSED -- NO FURTHER ENTRIES ACCEPTED. BREAK STARTS NOW.
There were 33 entries. All were valid, though one person selected Case #5, Box #40, which I interpreted as the last box in the last case. 26 of the 40 boxes were covered by predictions, giving us roughly a 65% chance someone has predicted the correct box. 7 of the boxes were picked by two contestants; if one of those is the winner we will go to the tiebreak to settle the contest. Case #4 was most popular, with 9 predictions, followed by Case #2 (8 predictions), and Case #3 (6). Five people each picked Cases #1 and #5. Here we go -- good luck all!
Case #1, Box #1

Carlos Sanchez GU Prospect Auto
Gioskar Amaya Prospect Auto
Clayton Blackburn Prospect Auto
Tony Cingrani Rookie Auto
Bubba Starling Prospect Orange Auto Redemption

Grade: D
Comments: The aesthetics are nice, but this was a poor introduction to the product, with the majority being autos worth less than $10, and the box hit being a redemption. I averaged $86 a box on this product (which is a very good price), so I’m hoping to see a little more than this.

Case #1, Box #2

Yordano Ventura GU Prospect Auto
J. O. Berrios Prospect Auto
Jonathan Singleton Blue Prospect Auto /75
Jeurys Familia Rookie Auto
Manny Machado Rookie Auto Redemption
Curtis Granderson Blue Sapphire

Grade: B
Comments: I think this box illustrates clearly how variable box value is. The Machado auto (once it’s actually obtained) will be a great card, and the Singleton is solid as well. Incidentally, the Singleton blue is the current lowest serial number, though this is almost certainly a temporary condition.

Case #1, Box #3

Bryce Brentz GU Auto
Jose Fernandez Prospect Auto
Gregory Polanco Prospect Auto
Jake Odorizzi Rookie Auto
Lance McCullers Prospect Auto Redemption

Comments: I like the Polanco and Fernandez autos, but I’d feel like a chump if this were my only box.

Case #1, Box #4

Addison Russell Prospect Auto
Alen Hanson Prospect Auto
Shelby Miller Rookie Auto
Ryu Hyun-Jin Rookie Auto Redemption

Grade: C
Comments: Value is solid in this box, but three cards plus a redemption in a high-end product that purports five cards per box? I’m happy to own each of these cards, BTW.

Case #1, Box #5

Rhymer Liriano Red GU Auto /50
Matt Olson Prospect Auto
Kevin Pillar Prospect Auto
Avisail Garcia Rookie Auto
Corey Seager Prospect Auto Redemption

Comments: The Red GU Rhymer Liriano is now the lowest serial numbered card, though I do not expect this to last too long either.

Case #1, Box #6

Michael Choice GU Auto
Kevin Gausman Prospect Auto
Eddie Butler Prospect Auto
Stefen Romero Prospect Auto
Tyler Skaggs Rookie Auto

Grade: D-
Comments: Yeah, these are nice cards, but definitely not at the price point.

Case #1, Box #7

Wil Myers GU Auto
Barrett Barnes Prospect Auto
Nick Castellanos Prospect Auto
Courtney Hawkins Prospect Auto
Didi Gregorius Rookie Auto
Xander Bogaerts GU Auto Redemption

Grade: A
Comments: This is the kind of box I imagined opening. The Myers GU is the best of the case so far; maybe the Machado redemption is as good, but not in hand. I assume the Bogaerts will be a sticker auto.

[Image: photo22_zpsf7c4a03b.jpg]

RE: 2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSED]
Case #1, Box #8

Nolan Arenado Blue Jumbo GU Auto /5
Daniel Corcino Prospect Auto
Jorge Soler Purple Prospect Auto /5
Casey Kelly Rookie Auto
Bob Feller Blue Sapphire
Billy Hamilton Prospect Auto Redemption

Grade: A+
Comments: Wow, that’s a pretty interesting box. The Arenado is a very low-numbered parallel, but it is also a sticker auto. The Soler purple is just fantastic. I’m not sure what kind of price tag (theoretically, that is) to put on it, but $100 seems fair to me. Any thoughts? This could be the contest winner, incidentally. Nobody picked Case #1, Box #8, but two contestants picked Case #2, Box #1, so it will be between them if I don't pull any more /5 or /1 cards.

[Image: photo26_zpsa141c978.jpg]

[Image: photo27_zpse7753931.jpg]

Case #1 Summary

Grade: B-
Comments: So the final box had the case hit, a purple Soler auto card numbered to 5 (making Case #1, Box #8 the current leader in the contest). But there were definitely some clunker boxes too. Overall, thanks to the last two boxes, I got value well above my outlay for the first case. But I’m anxious to see some more. Okay, I’m going to take a break for an hour or so, clean up, and get ready for the second case.

RE: 2013 Bowman Inception 5 case break and contest thread [CONTEST CLOSED]
Man I luv the looks of these cards they are pretty slick.

Got some really decent pulls so far Smile getting some hot hot i think

As for the Soler purple i think your in the right ball park Id start bit high with obo on it