`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Max Kepler PC - newbies from June at #196

Max Kepler PC - newbies from June at #196
Thanks to some Ebay deals and some great traders on here I've made some good progress on my Max Kepler PC. Tonight I rescanned all of them and noted which ones I'm missing. Aside from the 1/1s, I'm doing pretty well. If you've got any I'm missing, let's make a deal.

2010 Bowman Sterling:
Total: 5/10 Missing: All 4 printing plates and Red Refractor 1/1
[Image: 10sterling_zps0659fcfc.jpg]

2011 Tristar Pursuit:
Total: 7/10 Missing: Purple and Purple Auto 1/1, Red /5
[Image: 11tristar2_zps8094454f.jpg]
[Image: 11tristar_zps32bcc5ab.jpg]

2010 Tristar Obak
Total: 2/2
[Image: obak_zps9358f5fc.jpg]

2011 Pro Debut
Total: 2/8 Missing: Gold /50, Red /1, all 4 printing plates
[Image: 11prodebut_zpsd4cc078e.jpg]

2011 Heritage Minors
Total: 3/7 Missing: all 4 printing plates (Also have the blank back and an IP auto courtesy of kelbysdaddy)
[Image: 11heritage_zps205de53a.jpg]
[Image: blankback_zps99f4a658.jpg]

2013 Bowman Platinum
Total: 4/13 Missing: Red /25, Black /25, all 4 printing plates, Superfractor, Atomic /5 and Ice /10.
[Image: 13platinum_zps77deef7e.jpg]

2010 Bowman Chrome:
Total 8/24 Missing: quite a few
[Image: 10chrome1_zps28db7583.jpg]
[Image: 10chrome2_zps729682cb.jpg]

Kepler

RE: My Max Kepler PC (New and Improved)
Very nice. I've picked up a couple autos and refractors lately. Nice collection of a nice kid.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(10-05-2013, 10:33 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: Very nice. I've picked up a couple autos and refractors lately. Nice collection of a nice kid.
Thanks. Based on your interaction with him and the stuff I've read from Twins minor league bloggers, seems like he's a really nice kid. Combine that with some good upside and an interesting back story, I think I made a good choice. Nice to see him popping up in the new sets - new stuff to chase and takes the focus off the older stuff I need Smile
Kepler

(10-05-2013, 11:44 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Awesome collection man. I got an auto of Mr. Kepler via TTM earlier this year.
I really hope he succeeds in the majors, I love his backstory and want to see him singlehandedly spark an interest in baseball over in Germany (unless one's already started).
Thanks, man. I know there's some sort of a following over there with their baseball academies and what not. Not sure just how big they are yet though.
Kepler

Somehow I forgot these last time - '10 Tristar Pursuit: Gold/50, base, Green /25 and auto /80
[Image: keler1_zps7a469ade.jpg]

And last week's pickups Black /96, Base Auto and the two base cards. Have a few more on the way this week, too. Starting to find more and more popping up FT/FS.
[Image: kepler2_zpse354c54b.jpg]
Kepler

RE: My Max Kepler PC (New and Improved) - Updated 10/28
Three more pickups last week - none with a print run of more than 50. Pretty stoked with these.

Hard Cuts /24, red auto /25 and Gold /50
[Image: kepler_zpse98aa74a.jpg]
Kepler

RE: My Max Kepler PC (New and Improved) - 11/5 update
Great Stuff, Jared! I'll keep my eyes open and let you know If I see anything you need!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thank you, sir. It's been a lot of fun putting this together. I've tried to keep building my Twins PC as I go, but it's been pretty easy to have a one-track mind Big Grin

There's one or two on COMC, but the prices are way high right. And there's a couple that pop up on Ebay, but it's the same story. That's probably going to be the case going forward though as most of what's left is pretty low print run.
Kepler

(11-06-2013, 02:18 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Thank you, sir. It's been a lot of fun putting this together. I've tried to keep building my Twins PC as I go, but it's been pretty easy to have a one-track mind Big Grin

There's one or two on COMC, but the prices are way high right. And there's a couple that pop up on Ebay, but it's the same story. That's probably going to be the case going forward though as most of what's left is pretty low print run.
You never know! Don't give up!
Hey, what's up with the 2010 Sterling, the one that's graded 9.0 .... Why is it a reversed image? I though maybe it was a printing plate, but it doesn't say that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I wasn't sure about that one either. Apparently for some reason reason they made the purple refractors as reverse images that year. Not sure why though.
Kepler