`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
2014 Hall of Fame Ballot

RE: 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot
i have to ask: why isnt anyone listing tim raines? im completely flabbergasted by this.

only 40 people have reached base 4000 times, 33 are eligible for the hall of fame. of that 33, 32 are in the hall of fame (rusty staub being the lone exception, and he aint no tim raines).

tony gwynn didnt get on base as much as tim raines. think on that

not only is tim raines a better overall player than lou brock, he was a better basestealer

but only 1 other person besides myself listed raines.

http://raines30.com/

(12-01-2013, 09:13 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have to ask: why isnt anyone listing tim raines? im completely flabbergasted by this.

http://raines30.com/
Raines is deserving. He was a tough one for me to leave off, a close one at number 11. I think it is such a stacked ballot of deserving players and there are only ten votes. Maybe his cocaine use detracts from his appeal although it shouldn't any more than the PEDs detract from other players on the ballot. Just guessing.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-01-2013, 10:20 AM)zeprock Wrote: Raines is deserving. He was a tough one for me to leave off, a close one at number 11. I think it is such a stacked ballot of deserving players and there are only ten votes. Maybe his cocaine use detracts from his appeal although it shouldn't any more than the PEDs detract from other players on the ballot. Just guessing.
lot of players from the 80's that admitted to cocaine use are in the HOF (molitor, for instance). i cant see the cocaine thing being an issue. the whole "living in ricky's shadow" i think has to do more with it, but thats completely unfair. henderson was the best leadoff hitter in history

(12-01-2013, 09:13 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have to ask: why isnt anyone listing tim raines? im completely flabbergasted by this.
I think there are a couple of reason's, the main one being that his main team, the Expos, never won anything while he was there and that he wasn't the biggest star that team (Dawson, Carter & Rodgers). You can't use those who are in against us, we didn't put them there...LOL

Also, my votes go to players I would buy a ticket to see play...Tim Raines isn't one of them (and I saw him play alot).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'm a Frank Thomas collector, so I'm screaming his name at the top of my lungs.

Thomas
Maddux
Glavine
Bagwell
Schilling

Also this is my annual realization that I've been out of the baseball loop for a while b/c last time I followed it a good # of these guys were mid-career Sad
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Thomas
Maddux
Mattingly
Glavine
Biggio
Raines

Possibly Bonds, McGwire, Piazza, and Sosa on a future ballot, but I feel there are just as deserving guys on the ballot right now without the added controversy.

(11-30-2013, 09:43 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: only have 9 on my ballot:
fred mcgriff
dale murphy
Tom Glavine
bonds
tim raines
greg maddux
jack morris
frank thomas
biggio
I believe Dale Murphy is off the ballot. 15 years is up. Horrible selection anyway Big Grin

I would use nine, possibly ten of my votes.

Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Tom Glavine
Jeff Kent
Craig Biggio
Jeff Bagwell
Mike Piazza
Tim Raines
Edgar Martinez

Considering:
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Mike Mussina
Curt Schilling
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(12-01-2013, 07:07 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: I believe Dale Murphy is off the ballot. 15 years is up. Horrible selection anyway Big Grin

I would use nine, possibly ten of my votes.

Greg Maddux
Frank Thomas
Tom Glavine
Jeff Kent
Craig Biggio
Jeff Bagwell
Mike Piazza
Tim Raines
Edgar Martinez

Considering:
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Mike Mussina
Curt Schilling
he is off the ballot. i dont care. im writing him in, like people do with pete rose

Tom Glavine
Greg Maddux
Don Mattingly
Mike Piazza
Curt Schilling
Lee Smith
Frank Thomas

Mine would be:

Jeff Bagwell
Craig Biggio