Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Turkey Red...... Turkey Dread !
Thumbs Down 
Turkey Red...... Turkey Dread !
Okay, so first, I had a totally rough day when ordering these boxes. So starting out, not too happy. Got them today. Opened the first box .... I don't like the look or feel of the cards and the one's I opened ... UGGGGH sticker autos ....
Here are the 4 autos .... And they all are stinkers (Joe Kelly, is the best of this bunch)
Joe Kelly /235
Chris Owings /599
Taylor Jordan /499
Yan Gomes /499

[Image: null_zps1322457b.jpg]

I'm dreading the opening of the 5th box. These cards are bad, and anyone that avoided them was smart, those that got 'locked out' were lucky.
I know that I'll eventually open the other one, but maybe if I don't .... I can sell a box for big bucks ... Yeah, right HA!
I would have been better buying a box of EEE!

BTW: Yan Gomes is for trade, if anyone is interested!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Turkey Red...... Turkey Dread !
I like the look, but hate sticker autos. I've seen worse breaks on Blowout if it makes you feel any better lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

ugh how can topps take a product like turkey red and do sticker autos?? these kind of cards scream for oncard signatures.

and my goodness those things look pink

I'm right there with you. I love Turkey Red usually. These are ugly. The card stock sucks. And the sticker autos are terrible. There are a lot of guys I was planning to buy in the autos, but the stickers are kind of ruining it for me. My 2 boxes netted Matt Davidson and the Dodger pitcher I don't care enough about to check his name. Magill?

I was in a 25 box break with the Dbacks and I got 4 more Davidson autos. Um, yay? Not even Owings which I was hoping for.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Doc, I have some Yankee refractors if you happened to pull the base cards of Kinsler and Fielder.

I always love the first cards of the traded players, so if you can part with them I'll make it worth your while.

Sorry you were disappointed in the breaks, maybe your fifth box will be better.

(02-26-2014, 06:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Doc, I have some Yankee refractors if you happened to pull the base cards of Kinsler and Fielder.

I always love the first cards of the traded players, so if you can part with them I'll make it worth your while.

Sorry you were disappointed in the breaks, maybe your fifth box will be better.
Yeah, that didn't last too long ... Opened the last box and got Alex Wood /35
All in all, nothing good.
Got Kinsler, but not Fielder.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

hey ill take the gomes...i still need that trout from ya. i got a few jeters to make a deal...
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(02-26-2014, 05:47 PM)glassnickels Wrote: I'm right there with you. I love Turkey Red usually. These are ugly. The card stock sucks. And the sticker autos are terrible. There are a lot of guys I was planning to buy in the autos, but the stickers are kind of ruining it for me. My 2 boxes netted Matt Davidson and the Dodger pitcher I don't care enough about to check his name. Magill?

I was in a 25 box break with the Dbacks and I got 4 more Davidson autos. Um, yay? Not even Owings which I was hoping for.
The sticker autos on some cards actually look ... passable ... But for some reason, these just stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.
I got Matt Davidson from my Topps Series 1 box ... That guy must have signed a zillion stickers Smile
(02-26-2014, 06:39 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: hey ill take the gomes...i still need that trout from ya. i got a few jeters to make a deal...
Cool. Lets see what we can do!

(02-26-2014, 05:41 PM)rentzington Wrote: ugh how can topps take a product like turkey red and do sticker autos?? these kind of cards scream for oncard signatures.

and my goodness those things look pink
'On card' would have been so nice.
The borders are about one brown tone away from pink. I can't even describe the color ... But I reall don't like it in person. Online, it looked nicer.
Here's a blowup detail ...
[Image: null_zpsafbe11f6.jpg]

It's like .... Indescribable Smile
(02-26-2014, 05:41 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I like the look, but hate sticker autos. I've seen worse breaks on Blowout if it makes you feel any better lol.
LOL
Not THAT much better Smile but misery loves company, or something like that?
Thanks for trying to cheer me up. Pulling the Alex Wood card slightly elevated my mood.
The auto cards should have had a whited out region for the auto. Looks like they just stickered a base card. I actually like the back of the card ... The design and little bio is well done.

OK, so how do I go about acquiring said Kinsler from you, my good man?

I have some Yankees in my org if you'd like to look. Thanks!

I would be interested in the Kelly if you are looking to move it.

Thanks