`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went a little crazy...update 4/12- scan from my free box!

Went a little crazy...update 4/12- scan from my free box!
...at least by my standards. I wanted to get in on the march madness promo on one of the big card websites, so I bought a dozen boxes!

I spent WAY under $500 though, actually under $400, or less than half my tax refund. I bought mostly blasters w/ guaranteed GU hits (5x 09-10 UD, 4x 08-09 Skybox). I've had particular luck w/ the skybox ones, having pulled several nice rubies (Durant, 2x Vince Carter, Brook Lopez RC) and a few D-Rose RCs as well in the past.

I also was debating between these three options: 3x 11-12 Limited, 2x 12-13 Absolute, 1x 13-14 Jumbo Prizm. Of course I LOVE prizms, but don't want to mess with 125 base cards I don't want/need and can't store. It was down to Absolute and Limited. I watched box breaks of both. saw two cases of each and the absolute breaks I saw were just dreadful. Limited's price point was $20 lower and the good hits actually seemed more plentiful, so I went with 3 of them to round out my purchase.

I live in pretty close proximity to the card site's building, so I may get these on Saturday afternoon. If not, then Monday at the latest. Here's hoping for some good results to post!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Went a little crazy...
looking forward to the results!

What does that say about me with all the boxes I just bought?
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

I have to agree with being a sucker for the 09-10 UD and 08-09 Skybox, as I have gotten some really good cards out of them. If you get any of the following Masterpieces inserts (card #'s BR, SN, WC) from 2009-10 Upper Deck please let me know as they are the last ones I need for the complete set. I am not sure if the WC (Wilt Chamberlain even exists, but I know the other 2 do).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Buck u are crazy so this doesn't surprise me
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(03-28-2014, 11:26 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Buck u are crazy so this doesn't surprise me

haha thanks? I think?

@classical- I assume this means you have a real collecting budget, not $75/month plus whatever I sell from my collection. :-P

@djohn- Nice to know I'm not the only one! And I'll check for your Masterpieces.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Hey Buck good luck on your breaks....
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(03-28-2014, 08:00 PM)buckunteer Wrote: haha thanks? I think?

@classical- I assume this means you have a real collecting budget, not $75/month plus whatever I sell from my collection. :-P
I thought you would say I am insane. Wink
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

I cannot WAIT to see the results!!!
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Can not wait to see your MASSIVE hit I feel it
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK