`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Valued Customer

Valued Customer

So...this pic is a comparison between my unfulfilled redemptions from panini vs Topps.

[Image: yeb9z.jpg]

RE: Valued Customer
Topps are stingy with their hits in the first place. I'd still.take panini any day over topps.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(04-27-2014, 01:25 AM)robsvideos Wrote: Topps are stingy with their hits in the first place. I'd still.take panini any day over topps.
This, particularly when talking about high-end products. Plus Panini's sets in general just look better.

I'd rather have panini redemptions. Far better customer svs and better looking cards. Neither company is perfect but panini tends to take care of their customer at least from my experience. I trade for panini redemptions because of their cs
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Panini just hooked me up with replacements for 3 expired redemptions. Love Panini customer service on redemptions.
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

I have been waiting on replacements for 7 of my redemptions from panini for 7 months and 4 phone calls since the 1st call in September.... talked to.Thomas in customer service the last two calls and both times he assured me that my replacements would be shipped out within a week... well it has been 3 months. I guess panini uses the Uranus planetary rotation for their weeks!! Lol.

Topps has worse customer service and, I'll admit, Panini has a better variety. Topps fills thier redemptions much faster on average though. Turns out you don't need an entire blog and special customer service team in place if your operation works in the first place.

What really triggered my redemption rage was something else though. I can deal with the slow (if ever) fulfillment but this tipped it.

Panini stated publicly that they had acquired all of Russell Wilson's owed autos. I called to find out why mine hadn't been shipped in two months if that were the case. They promised there had been an oversight and that mine would go out in the next batch of shipments.
I checked a week later and found that THEY HAD DELETED my redemption requests. I still have the redemption cards, however; there seems to be a russell wilson auto shortage now. Wife bought me those for Christmas and I will lose my shiz if they try to sub me out with some other dude after over a year and this much drama.

(04-27-2014, 05:45 PM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: Panini stated publicly that they had acquired all of Russell Wilson's owed autos. I called to find out why mine hadn't been shipped in two months if that were the case. They promised there had been an oversight and that mine would go out in the next batch of shipments.
I checked a week later and found that THEY HAD DELETED my redemption requests. I still have the redemption cards, however; there seems to be a russell wilson auto shortage now. Wife bought me those for Christmas and I will lose my shiz if they try to sub me out with some other dude after over a year and this much drama.
That would piss me off, too. I fully understand that the community demands hits from every product nowadays, and that we (as a whole) demand autos in particular. But at some point these companies need to draw a line and start promising only what they can deliver--whether their inability to produce the promised cards is their own fault or that of the player(s). If that means injecting a dose of cold, hard reality into the collecting community (and, incidentally, once again making autos hard-to-find and hence more valuable), then so be it. Lord knows we'll keep buying anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly Topps filled the redemption I pulled from a Chrome pack earlier this year (about 3 weeks from entering the code to holding the card in my hands), but in the end it was still a plain, ordinary-looking "gold chrome" auto from a player I don't collect. At least I can look forward to well-designed cards that are actually visually appealing once Panini gets around to sending out the redemptions I have in with them (even if they're still mostly players I don't collect).