`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5
(06-24-2014, 08:28 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: that camo is pretty cool!
Yeah, I usually find the Camo parallels pretty boring, but Panini did a pretty good job with them this year. Just wish I'd done better with the one box I broke. The Ichiro was the highlight of the bonus pack.
Kepler

(06-24-2014, 08:21 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Not positive, but I might have some new stuff to dangle for the Carew ... depending on how you feel about Prizm
Love Prizm, but already have reg and camo of Ichiro and Mattingly, and some other Yankees ... Those camo cards are awesome. I've picked up several hanger packs and a blaster ... The powder is a little annoying, but I guess better than stuck cards ( although, I've never had a prob with Prizm in the past)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-24-2014, 09:40 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Love Prizm, but already have reg and camo of Ichiro and Mattingly, and some other Yankees ... Those camo cards are awesome. I've picked up several hanger packs and a blaster ... The powder is a little annoying, but I guess better than stuck cards ( although, I've never had a prob with Prizm in the past)
So you're saying you still need the Red, White and Blue Pulsars? I haven't even dug into my base cards yet ... the idea of wiping all the powder off them has me feeling that's something to wait for a really rainy day to do.
Kepler

Strike two.....lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(06-24-2014, 10:01 AM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Strike two.....lol
Sorry, Sonny & Cespedes are minor PC for me. Not a super collector, but accumulating slowly. great minds think alike? Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
... And the moment you've all been waiting for
Box #6
A solid A for this box!

All in all this case was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't disappointed in any of the boxes. Of course there could have been more color and more Yankees, and like i mentioned, a Strata would have been a totally acceptable hit Smile but you can't get everything.

Relics:
Manny Macado GU
Pedro Martinez Ring card
[Image: null_zps37101362.jpg]

My auto hit wasn't a Strata, but nearly as good IMO
[Image: null_zpsda18985f.jpg]
Freddie Freeman Auto Relic /10

Black border /63
Ivan Nova
Camo /99
Dee Gordon
[Image: null_zps1036157e.jpg]

No pink, no clear, no silver ... Would have liked a clear Sad

Future Star reprints:
Sale, Canseco, Maddux /99

SP cards:
Nolan Arendo FS (I think I may have missed a Sabermetrics or a Sparkle ... Every other box had 2 SP cards)

5 minis, 5 saberstars, 4 powerplayers, 10 @ Future is Now, gold and red foil cards

one Tanaka RC one Abreu RC

Well, it's been fun breaking with you. Hopefully once pricing is completed we'll get some trading out there!
In this box, Pedro ring, Gordon Camo, Arendo SP FT

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
if you have any yankees base team set would you sell one?

No redemptions? No missed hits? Obviously this case was meant for someone else, Doc. It seems a little too solid and/or complete to be one of yours Big Grin
Kepler

Wow on the Freeman. I will open PC stuff to get that one from you!!

Nice stuff! I believe clear parallels were hobby boxes only, not in jumbo. So that explains that...I was bummed too.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331