`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card damaged during shipping or grading

Card damaged during shipping or grading
I received my card today that I submitted and one of the corners was dinged and was not like that when i submitted. The card came back with the grade of 9. I would not have submitted with a corner so obviously dinged like that. Is there anyway to resolve this with BGS? Would insurance cover this?

RE: Card damaged during shipping or grading
Gonna have to call them to find out where the fault lies and work with them on a solution. Hopefully you have a scan of before and after.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

They will likely do an "investigation", blame the shipping company, and say there is nothing they can do.

If the card is slabbed, how can you blame the shipping company? How does it get a 9 with a ding corner?

I also had this happen to me just last week. I contacted Mike Gardner, the west coast regional manager and basically be said of he's can't 100% PROVE who is at fault, there is nothing he can do. I sent in a 2014 Bowman Chrome Julio Urias mini auto #d to 25. It was a nice clean card, but when i got it back, the surface grade was a 8.5. There was dent/scratch on the surface that wasn't there when i sent it. Even when i offered to send him before photos, he still told me there was nothing he could do. Every other grade was 9.5 and 10 on auto. Why would i send a damaged card that books up to $300 to be graded low. It's a shame they don't take care of their customers better. On top of that about 6 of my slabs were scratched on the front when i got them back. Nothing he could do about that unless they were cracked or broken. Poor service and no real recourse. Your words against theirs.

I have a solution. Choose another grading company. Why stay with one that has poor customer service? Go with one that takes care of their customers. Hint SG*

(01-31-2015, 08:20 PM)nikeeta Wrote: I have a solution. Choose another grading company. Why stay with one that has poor customer service? Go with one that takes care of their customers. Hint SG*

I'm just curious, how would sgc handle this situation?

Had same thing happen with a Jeter SP Rookie but it was PSA...I opened four boxes and sent the Jeter's I got in (4 of them) and all had the dreaded corner ding on the lower left except one. When I got them back, all had the lower corner ding and graded as 8's and one 8.5. Few days after I received my cards the POP report for the PSA Jeter card went up by 1...(There were only 2 at the time). At $33K for that card, my money is someone saw a gem and swapped it out. I do not trust that company at all. I've not had a problem with Beckett. Also posting anything like I said above on the PSA site will get you ban from using their services and your cards removed from their registry (serial numbers locked) and all time greatest sets deleted from (on-line) existence. I would never suggest switching to PSA that company is shady at best.

(07-12-2014, 02:09 PM)coliseumcards Wrote: I received my card today that I submitted and one of the corners was dinged and was not like that when i submitted. The card came back with the grade of 9. I would not have submitted with a corner so obviously dinged like that. Is there anyway to resolve this with BGS? Would insurance cover this?
I just had a Bryce Harper Finest Hour Auto come back with an 8.5 surface. There's a scuff mark under the finest logo that wasn't there when I sent it in. I have video of me pulling the card and I have a bunch of photos of the card before I sent it in and none of them have that mark on them. I'll be speaking with BGS first thing Monday about it. Stay tuned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)