`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clementmatthew

RE: clementmatthew
(10-06-2014, 08:18 AM)kfeldman Wrote: I had a trade with him that we verbally agreed upon but he refused to send first. I thought that was fishy so I cancelled the trade. As a beckett users, we should instate a rule that if you have less than 25 feedback, you must send first. I've heard too many stories like this where the situation could have been avoided. I know sometimes the temptation of an exciting trade is too hard for us to pass up, but sometimes we need rules to protect us from ourselves.
+1

However i think if you have less than 50 feedbacks should be the cutoff to where you have to send first. To get to 25 trades isnt that hard you can do 25 trades in a month. You can do a bunch of small trades at $10 a pop to get to 25 over night, but 50 is a little more respectable and some what of a grind to get to.

I also agree with what snappy said a few weeks ago. Beckett need to start a trade deposit that is refundable. I think to protect good honest collector we should have to pay a one time fee of $225 to trade. Bekett will get $25 off the top, because of course they need there piece of the pie and the other remaining $200 is refundable. So if you get ripped off by a collector that $200 will be refunded to the collector or collectors that got burned. And if you wish to get off the site you have to give a 2 week or 1 month notice with no pending trades to get your deposit back.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I successfully completed a trade with him a month ago and got my card quick and easy from him. Never encountered one issue. That said, doesn't mean he hasn't gone rogue since then. I hope everyone gets their end of the deal from him. Didn't seem like a bad trader with me at all. Thanks for posting it out here. These are the things we all need to do to protect others from getting burned.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

Nobody needs to pay a deposit to trade. Just make a rule that all new members send to a mod first up until a certain level of successful trading is complete. Independent third party to secure cards from newbies so as to prevent scamming. If anyone does not request sufficient tracking, signature confirmation, insurance etc than shame on them. Not saying that was the case in this theft but generally speaking. Tracking is free now at its most minimal level, and only a couple dollars more at the higher levels.

You will never find a mod who has the time to be a third party in trades. The bottom line is there is no way around this issue. This trader was a good trader up until this happened, anyone can go rouge at any time.

Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

Oh dear, if I wasn't so far away in Canada, I'd pay him a visit myself. On behalf of the Canadian traders on here (we're few, but we're a good bunch), I'm truly sorry to hear this has happened. I hope it gets sorted, and contact floydtown if you haven't already, he might be able to try and help.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I have an idea. How about we all start using common sense. If there are red flags don't trade with the people. Each thread I've read about the people who ripped someone off I felt odd about trading with so I didn't. The only real way anyone should be getting ripped off, is if a long standing member with great feedback goes rogue. There just is no real way to predict it happening. Other than that, if they have low feedback, poor feedback, or are new, make them send first. For the love of god please start leaving correct feedback. Communication, communication, communication, is key.

Taking 2-3-4-5-6 weeks with no communication to finally get your end of the trade is a negative. Taking longer than a week (without telling the other party) to ship out a trade is bad trading. Saying you'll ship the same time but repeatedly waiting to get the cards before you ship is bad trading. (You people know who you are). You're doing yourself and everyone else that trades an injustice by not leaving correct feedback. Ding those stars or leave a neutral or negative when warranted. If you agree to a trade with a member, get scans. If you feel a little odd about the deal, research their address, or name, or id, or do photo searches for the scans of the cards you traded for. Always ship with at least DC, it costs a whole $1.93 through paypal.

If someone has been around for many years trading with no issues and has a good deal amount of feedback the odds are very slim you'll get ripped off. However if you do, don't whine and complain about who is or isn't going to help you. Help yourself. Call them out. Taking a month to call someone out just gives them more time to rip off others. Call their local authorities and file a report, file with the post office as well. Call their home, call their work. Stalk them on online social sites and post on there. I'm sure most thieves don't want their friends and family knowing they steal cards from people. Don't just allow people to steal from you and chalk it up as a loss, because they'll keep doing it. There is no need for deposits or making everyone send their trades to a third party, that's just ridiculous. (unless its an insane high end deal) USE COMMON SENSE!!!
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

My post office said you cant get tracking beyond the canadian border and you cant get signature confirmation past the canadian border. I put insurance on my package but the tracking stopped at customs.

(10-06-2014, 11:36 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Oh dear, if I wasn't so far away in Canada, I'd pay him a visit myself. On behalf of the Canadian traders on here (we're few, but we're a good bunch), I'm truly sorry to hear this has happened. I hope it gets sorted, and contact floydtown if you haven't already, he might be able to try and help.
Floydtown is away for awhile still I believe. Something military related. And you're correct, other than you and a small handful of you and other Canadian traders I'm familiar with. I won't even bother trading with people outside the US anymore unless they send first.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Yeah, I dont know if common sense came into play here. Im a new trader and I took for granted this was a really secure site. I read his feed back and though it was limited, it was all positive. I had no leverage being new and being that he said he was shipping at the same time, I thought it was legit. On a side note, I was just provided his home phone number. Im giving it a few more days and then I stalk.

Also You would be surprised on how many will send same time with members tagged must send first because they didnt look for the tag.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)