`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Patch Work: post your favorite patches or relics

Patch Work: post your favorite patches or relics
Post as many as you like. This is not a top ten and if you have 100 you really love, post them. Here's some of mine...
[Image: output_zpszfuviap4.jpg] [Image: output_zpsjqssjmor.jpg] [Image: output_zpsdwljklt6.jpg] [Image: output_zpsjerxmy7f.jpg] [Image: output_zpsg5rkrow8.jpg] [Image: output_zpszsrcuftf.jpg] [Image: output_zpsejc9gigo.jpg] [Image: output_zpsevz4rdk8.jpg] [Image: output_zpsjwl1b5hk.jpg] [Image: output_zpshxufmmgn.jpg] [Image: output_zpseoplz0cm.jpg] [Image: output_zpsj0k6z6hk.jpg] [Image: output_zpsbnze96gv.jpg] [Image: output_zpsgpgw4tpc.jpg] [Image: output_zpscuhy8pl4.jpg] [Image: output_zpscrbs6m0d.jpg] [Image: output_zpsruyieuja.jpg] [Image: output_zpswo6z26lj.jpg] [Image: output_zpstnq0xfsi.jpg] [Image: output_zps2x6vfs6g.jpg]

RE: Patch Work: post your favorite patches or relics
Your collection, as always, is truly incredible. Amazing Stantons!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Here's some more.
[Image: output_zpszfuviap4.jpg] [Image: output_zpsdibeyygp.jpg] [Image: output_zpssfki1jnh.jpg] [Image: output_zpsxcmsu3kp.jpg] [Image: output_zpsy6njgyjl.jpg] [Image: output_zpsxskcixt7.jpg] [Image: output_zpsfjb5j6en.jpg] [Image: output_zpsctmdktwx.jpg] [Image: output_zpsz6aqxchl.jpg] [Image: output_zpsgnx5tder.jpg] [Image: output_zpsim5qvklv.jpg] [Image: output_zpshhl7arxl.jpg] [Image: output_zpsoi0doix2.jpg] [Image: output_zpsbxwcokzk.jpg] [Image: output_zpsovcsdr5f.jpg] [Image: output_zpsef0y7k6t.jpg]

Hate to bum you out HOFcollector but your 2005 Prime Patches Ripken Au has been altered. The patch piece is fake. ALL 2005 Prime Patches cards with patch pieces would be labeled as "Jersey Prime" or what ever the item is. But patch pieces ALWAYS have "Prime" in the label on card. Sorry to rain on your parade.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Do you mean where it says "prime patches"?

(02-15-2015, 04:57 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Do you mean where it says "prime patches"?
No, under the piece it would say "Jeresy Prime"
My Bucket

(02-15-2015, 04:57 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Do you mean where it says "prime patches"?
He means under the jersey patch, it should read as "jersey prime", not just jersey.

for instance http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Donruss-Pri...20f516f829

(02-15-2015, 05:00 PM)wordsense Wrote: He means under the jersey patch, it should read as "jersey prime", not just jersey.

for instance http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Donruss-Pri...20f516f829
Winner, winner chicken dinner! This set is notorious for people putting fake patch pieces in cards.
My Bucket

Pretty sure it's just a chunk of relic they threw in there. Kind of no point putting a little piece of patch in a $150 card. Beyond that, I've seen fakes. This has absolutely no sign of tamper.

Trust us it is. The example by wordsense is spot on. Its not hard to do. Wont go into detail.... its VERY easy to do. I can show you tons of fakes from this set. And you would never tell if you didn't know the labeling on the set.
My Bucket