Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$32 TO GET A CARD GRADED???

Grading Prices
Hello everyone
I'm new to the Beckett site and BGS services. In fact, I'm new to the grading of modern cards as I have always been a vintage collector.

Anyway, I was looking at the pricing for grading and to say the least, I am shocked at how high the prices are for BGS.

Do they run good monthly specials? Do you get a better deal if they are on site at a show?

I can not justify 10.00 (before shipping/insurance) to have a modern card graded and slabbed, especially on a 45 day service level.

I was really considering using BGS for my shiny stuff. Looks like I might have to stick with PSA?

Any tips would be appreciated.

B~

RE: Grading Prices
send it in with group submissions

What kind of price do they get with group subs?

(03-27-2015, 01:59 AM)The_T_Man Wrote: Anyway, I was looking at the pricing for grading and to say the least, I am shocked at how high the prices are for BGS.

Do they run good monthly specials? Do you get a better deal if they are on site at a show?

I can not justify 10.00 (before shipping/insurance) to have a modern card graded and slabbed, especially on a 45 day service level.

I was really considering using BGS for my shiny stuff. Looks like I might have to stick with PSA?

Any tips would be appreciated.

B~
I will preface by saying I am NOT a member at PSA so I don't know about their specials...

I see $17 for grading at PSA unless you do bulk submission, which lowers the price down toward where Beckett is. Their monthly specials are awesome and typically knock a few dollars off per card. Also, if you are only submitting one or two cards, it's not as economically viable. Consider holding until you have more than 10 cards ready for grading, and then the cost savings begin.

I have shipped a couple orders in and have my next ready for the next special. The first order was about 20 cards and the last one I did was 35 cards. That lowers the per-card price and with a special, woo hoo! My next order is looking to be about 50 cards so I am really hoping for a GOOOOOD special in April!

Now, having sung Beckett's praises, you might also want to look at SGC if you have any older cards. I've got about 200 cards from the 70s and 80s that I'm gonna send in there and get their bulk price of $5-7 per card.

Whatever you choose, pick your cards and send them in! I love grading cards and now my only problem is picking the cards I want to send in at any time.

Cheers

Kevin

Actually, looking at the PSA submission form, it is 10.00 per card as well. I have only ever submitted under specials/group subs and have never paid more than 7.00 per card.

I do know about SGC and will use them occasionally depending on what I have.

I would expect to pay the same 7.00 per card to BGS in order for me to do a submission. Any more than that I will wait until I get the deal I'm satisfied with. I do not care about the length of service level. 45 day service level doesn't bother me.

I will continue to look for the specials.

Thanks for your input

B~

For modern cards I would do neither Beckett nor PSA. First reason, prices are way high. Second reason (at least for Beckett), very crappy customer service. I had one card from the Yankees Legends Legendary Lumber Gold set come back as a Legendary Lumber not as the Gold. I got it relabeled no problem, but then couldn't put it in my registry set. Wanted them to make this right, silly me, I thought it would just be a simple matter to edit their database. Well, it took 14 months, yes I said months, and was then told it would take 2 more months to fix. You all decide if this is good customer service or not. Finally, my cards look a lot better in the S** holder.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

$32 TO GET A CARD GRADED???
I WAS CHECKING OUT BECKETT GRADING SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND FILLED IN THE BLANKS ON THE SUBMISSION FORM (20DAYS, $2 EXTRA FOR AUTOGRAPH AND $18 RETURN POSTED). $30 SEEMS A LITTLE STEEP TO GET A CARD GRADED.....
I MEAN IT DOESN'T COST 18$ TO SEND A SMALL ITEM VIA MAIL. $5 MAYBE NOT $18

RE: $32 TO GET A CARD GRADED???
(04-06-2015, 03:03 PM)cblawat21 Wrote: I WAS CHECKING OUT BECKETT GRADING SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND FILLED IN THE BLANKS ON THE SUBMISSION FORM (20DAYS, $2 EXTRA FOR AUTOGRAPH AND $18 RETURN POSTED). $30 SEEMS A LITTLE STEEP TO GET A CARD GRADED.....
I MEAN IT DOESN'T COST 18$ TO SEND A SMALL ITEM VIA MAIL. $5 MAYBE NOT $18
Sounds like that pricing is for 2 days, not 20. 1 autographed card at 20 days would be 14 dollars + your declared insurance + shipping coming back to you. I always try to use the online submission form as well, since they will calculate everything for you as the order is input!
Collecting Minneapolis & Los Angeles Lakers items

(04-06-2015, 05:56 PM)chick hearn Wrote: Sounds like that pricing is for 2 days, not 20. 1 autographed card at 20 days would be 14 dollars + your declared insurance + shipping coming back to you. I always try to use the online submission form as well, since they will calculate everything for you as the order is input!
Isn't ground shipping 18$ so at 20 days that's $32 or am I missing something

Actually, it looks like you are are correct. Keep in mind this $32.00 charge does NOT include declared insurance, so, depending on what the card is worth, it could be more. While it may not be a lot, they are offering a one dollar off (per card) special this month. Maybe save the card for future specials that may be offered next month and beyond! They are always posting them here on this forum (Grading) and/or via email.
Collecting Minneapolis & Los Angeles Lakers items