`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altered cards being slabbed

Altered cards being slabbed
A while back I sent in some cards to be graded, one of which came back ungraded/unslabbed with a note saying it had a shaved edge. shouldn't the card still have been slabbed authentic altered anyway? Just curious to know why BGS didn't slab the card.

RE: Altered cards being slabbed
I think you have to specifically spell out that you want everything slabbed regardless. If you did, contact a rep. they should fix this.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Thanks for the response.
I actually checked the little box on the submission form that said numeric grade and encapsulate if altered. They must have missed it lol.
It's actualy not a big deal, it was a very low dollar card but if I decide to send in a higher end card such as a Jordan rc, I want it slabbed no matter condition or alteration. I wouldn't want the hassle of having to ship it back for them to encapsulate.

Hmmm how do you go about doing this? I'd want the same thing for this card!

[Image: 6l513aa0x450.jpeg]

I was told the dimensions weren't right. This card has a stamp and everything but either way I just wanted encapsulated no matter what! How do I go about doing that?
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(05-10-2015, 01:49 AM)pudge27t Wrote: Hmmm how do you go about doing this? I'd want the same thing for this card!

[Image: 6l513aa0x450.jpeg]

I was told the dimensions weren't right. This card has a stamp and everything but either way I just wanted encapsulated no matter what! How do I go about doing that?

Well, if BGS said the dimensions weren't right then thy may not encapsulate it at all.

But for future reference, on the printable submission form there is a section that you can check to "authenticate only".

(05-06-2015, 01:02 AM)altz11 Wrote: A while back I sent in some cards to be graded, one of which came back ungraded/unslabbed with a note saying it had a shaved edge. shouldn't the card still have been slabbed authentic altered anyway? Just curious to know why BGS didn't slab the card.
When I read the title, I thought this was going to be about altered cards that Beckett slabbed and Graded, as IF they weren't altered.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

What happens if you get something upgradeable autographed and then send it to JSA for authentication/slabbing?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(05-11-2015, 01:45 AM)y2hood Wrote: What happens if you get something upgradeable autographed and then send it to JSA for authentication/slabbing?

That's a good question!
(05-10-2015, 05:45 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: When I read the title, I thought this was going to be about altered cards that Beckett slabbed and Graded, as IF they weren't altered.

I could see that. But that's also why I put "slabbed" in the title and not "graded". Sorry for the confusion

Hi, I just had a lot of cards graded. One came back as authentic but altered no grade. But not the reason why altered. Is there a way to find out or maybe an idea of why? Cards have been stored for along time and has no visible marks.. And I have not done anything to the card.

I don't think there is anything you can do to find out why it was slabbed as "authentic altered". But BGS usually sends a little note attached to the card/case saying why it was slabbed as such.