`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players not getting enough love

RE: Players not getting enough love
I think beltre is a huge one! The guy is just clutch and he is also a super likeable player. I have s bunch of his stuff, his autos are kinda hard to come by. Not sure when the last time he signed for a licensed card company. Everything is all non logo
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

I'm pretty sure Beltre has a sweet spot auto. Paging MStepper! haha
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(10-02-2015, 06:33 PM)thepointguard_10 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Beltre has a sweet spot auto. Paging MStepper! haha
Sorry I was on my phone and meant to say during his rangers career Smile
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(10-02-2015, 05:14 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Jose Bautista ... Dude's a beast, and gets zero love. Puts up great numbers and has a freakin' cannon of an arm in right field. I think the post-season appearance will give him a big 'boost' ... Although, Hosmer and Moustakas had some great coverage last year, proved they were young superstars and still don't get the love they deserve.
I totally agree with Abreu and Goldschmidt. ... And I'd add in Todd Frazier. They're awesome, but not getting enough kudos for what they're capable of doing. I don't expect them to get Trout & Harper & Bryant level respect, but they deserve more.
Abreu and Pujols ... Amazing ... Only 2 in the history of baseball 2 first seasons 30hr/100rbi ... Incredible!
Bautista is also at the top of my list. I decided not to throw out all of my underrated guys to see if anyone was thinking along the same lines as myself.
(10-02-2015, 04:47 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: I'm going to throw out Nelson Cruz. Dude has been a stud everywhere he has played. Over 40 HR again this year on a dreadfully bad Seattle team. That is two years in a row at 40 HR. He had 108 RBI last year at Baltimore and is currently sitting on 92 with Seattle this year. That is a major accomplishment on this Seattle roster as they complety suck. But I'm a sucker and will reup my season tickets again next spring i'm sure as they are under new leadership now. Because if one thing sells in sports, it is "hope".
PED's. That is a death sentence to guy's collecting values in the majority of collector's eyes.

Carlos Beltran , David Ortiz , Tulo

(10-02-2015, 10:07 PM)brian2345 Wrote: Carlos Beltran , David Ortiz , Tulo

Ortiz? Pretty sure he has hit the pinnacle of the baseball world and even with the steriod cloud above his head. The guy is a god in Boston

Beltran and Tulo can't stay healthy and they are pretty much at the end of their careers.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Talking card values on Ortiz Beltran and Tulo & Tulo is 30 pretty sure he has 5-8 years left.

(10-02-2015, 10:18 PM)brian2345 Wrote: Talking card values on Ortiz Beltran and Tulo & Tulo is 30 pretty sure he has 5-8 years left.

All 3 of them have been at the top of the collecting world at one time or another. Especially Ortiz his cards took a huge hit after the steroid allegations. Beltran has been up and down because of injuries. As far as tulo he was highly collected and his card use to be through the roof, but because of injury after injury he is to much of a gamble and people are not paying top dollar for his cards anymore. As far as him being 30 he has been in the league for 9 years and hasn't played an entire season since 2011 and he still missed 13 games that year. He has the skill and I love tulo but his healthy is the xfactor and people are going to invest an arm and a leg for his cards on the down slop of his career.

I doubt tulo plays another 8 years... Maybe 3-5 but not much after that and if he does he will be a DH or pitch hitter for the remainder of his career.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

How about joe mauer???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-02-2015, 11:08 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: How about joe mauer???
I'm a huge Mauer fan, but I almost feel as though he is overrated now. At first base he is below average. Good defender but he is only going to hit 10 homers this year and will have a batting average around .270. Compared to other first baseman, he just can't compete with them.

Now when he was catching and winning batting titles every year, you could argue that he was developing into one of the best catchers of all time and I still think he could be in the conversation for the top 10 ever. I still think it was an awful move by the Twins organization to sign him to that monster contract as a catcher and move him to first a few years later.

[Image: Carlos-Gonzalez-Desktop-Wallpaper-700x39...faada7.jpg]