`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
The Finest Maildays

RE: The Finest Maildays
Added another Team Finest and managed to snag a 1999-2000 Topps Finest Super Bowl Promotion set. Also posted is the Pro Bowl set.

Nice additions over the past month+. Finest was one of my favorite brands for a long time. Once the "hits" became all unproven rookies, I kind of bailed on the release (as well as most Topps products). 2010 was an awesome design though! I still prefer the mid-90's sets in MLB and NFL, but I also still collect anything with Panthers players on them. Finest cards are at the top of that list.

(04-20-2018, 07:41 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Bootyful!
Thanks! I wish more people would take the late 90s junk out of their trunk and put it up for sale!

(04-13-2018, 10:16 AM)savagenate Wrote: Congrats on the adds!
Thank you kindly! Weird to think that next year it'll be 20 years since this set was released.

(05-01-2018, 02:46 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Nice additions over the past month+. Finest was one of my favorite brands for a long time. Once the "hits" became all unproven rookies, I kind of bailed on the release (as well as most Topps products). 2010 was an awesome design though! I still prefer the mid-90's sets in MLB and NFL, but I also still collect anything with Panthers players on them. Finest cards are at the top of that list.
I appreciate collecting a set where it's possible to attain the master set (lowest serial numbered card is /22) and it's not going to cost an arm and a leg because of autographs or jersey cards and not contain Superfractor /1 and printing plates. Don't get me wrong I like adding those kinds of cards to my collection, but there's also a place in the hobby for high quality cards that don't cost $200 a box for 8 packs with 2 cards per pack.

Anyways, another Gold Refractor and a Team Finest Gold added in. I'm one card away from completing the 2010 Finest Refractor set. Finally, added a bunch of jumbo promo pro bowl refractor cards. Unfortunately the seller didn't have the Edgerrin James so I'll need to source that separately. Seeing a refractor on a jumbo card is really nifty.

I also have a supreme fascination with the Kurt Warner and Stephen Davis cards. They weren't part of the regular set at all but were included in the Super Bowl/Pro Bowl promotional sets.

Dazzling!

A couple more to add to the heap.

Do you leave the peal surface intact on all your cards?

(05-10-2018, 09:50 AM)savagenate Wrote: Do you leave the peal surface intact on all your cards?
I do until I'm ready to send them off to be graded. I've learned the hard way that BGS can be harsh on the imperfect coating surface of the card. They grade that since that's technically the card's surface. While I'll grudgingly buy already peeled cards, I prefer to do it myself.

(05-10-2018, 05:41 PM)jplarson Wrote: I do until I'm ready to send them off to be graded. I've learned the hard way that BGS can be harsh on the imperfect coating surface of the card. They grade that since that's technically the card's surface. While I'll grudgingly buy already peeled cards, I prefer to do it myself.
Ah ok, makes sense!

Added three more rare ones from box breaks. The Plummer is the lowest serial number cards I pulled from this product to date, sadly it's a duplicate for me. On the plus side I can brag about owning over 4% of the world's supply of Jake Plummer Prominent Figures #/48!

Wait, they still break this stuff?! lol