`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Gypsy Queen - Long Live The Queen

2019 Gypsy Queen - Long Live The Queen
Always my favorite set each year and this year so far is awesome. I will work on pics tomorrow but here is my 4 hobby box break (4 retail boxes coming tomorrow) from today:

3 card Top Loader pack of Chrome - These look really, really nice:
Base: - Hoskins, Merrifield, Mullins, Encarnacion, Severino, Lindor, Adames, Swanson & Khris Davis
Blue Boarder (#/150) - Goldschmidt (Cards), Rosario
Gold Boarder (#/50) Yadie

No Color (#/50) Merrifield, Trivino

Blue Boarder (#/ 250) Wheelr & Baez (+2 others)

Bazooka Backs - Segura (PC) & Chris Davis

No Name - Braun
? - Looks like a face - Charlie Blackmon

Autos:
Hernandez & Cozens (Phillies PC - NICE!)
Muncy, Mengden (nice 'stach), Springer, Kopech (PC)
Kikuchi - Redemption

and......

Oh Snap - 2019 Gypsy Queen Autograph A Topps/GQ Logo Swap Parallel Redemption

Another great year!!!!!!!!

RE: 2019 Gypsy Queen - Long Live The Queen
Nice Kikuchi
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice pulls, my friend - glad you got the Hoskins Chrome!

So what is the deal with the mystery redemption - does "A" mean it's the toughest category to pull or something?

(03-27-2019, 09:41 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Nice pulls, my friend - glad you got the Hoskins Chrome!

So what is the deal with the mystery redemption - does "A" mean it's the toughest category to pull or something?
Hey RJ,
Sorry for the delay. Thanks! The GQ chromes look awesome. There is an "A" & "B" mystery redemption....I think there will be 2 different players but really don't know. Mine for "A" is a Logo parallel but no Ser # are is given that I can tell. They are usually RC so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Vlad or the Padres SS (brain freeze - LOL). Got the Bryant Chrome a couple of years ago as a redemption....still have it for now.

(03-27-2019, 03:00 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hey RJ,
Sorry for the delay. Thanks! The GQ chromes look awesome. There is an "A" & "B" mystery redemption....I think there will be 2 different players but really don't know. Mine for "A" is a Logo parallel but no Ser # are is given that I can tell. They are usually RC so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Vlad or the Padres SS (brain freeze - LOL). Got the Bryant Chrome a couple of years ago as a redemption....still have it for now.
The name you seek is Fernando Tatis Jr. - he actually made the Padres' Opening Day roster!

I still have a 1/1 magenta plate from last year's Bowman that I did not purge.

Great PC boxes so far, Joe! Congrats ... and that mystery A redemption should turn out to be pretty sweet, or it could be sold and recoup your dough! The Heritage Mystery redemptions were selling like crazy.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Also a GQ guy here, I look forward to the set each year. Looking for a few from past years 2016 Carpenter variation, 2017 throwback Myers, Cain and Beltre. I like the more colorful design this year!

(03-28-2019, 06:09 AM)mistral38 Wrote: Also a GQ guy here, I look forward to the set each year. Looking for a few from past years 2016 Carpenter variation, 2017 throwback Myers, Cain and Beltre. I like the more colorful design this year!
I agree with the color this year except the RC logo is very hard to see. I'll dig for 2016 for you. I got a case and was working on a "master set", but the tobacco card mini's were too expense for the auto's (plus there were too many of them!!!!!) I think I completed 70+%, everything in penny's & top loaders. Maybe I'll get back to it.

Are you collecting the set or just PC stuff? After a show this weekend and sending some COMC items, every thing else will be looking for a new home except for my Phillies PC.

(03-28-2019, 01:18 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I agree with the color this year except the RC logo is very hard to see. I'll dig for 2016 for you. I got a case and was working on a "master set", but the tobacco card mini's were too expense for the auto's (plus there were too many of them!!!!!) I think I completed 70+%, everything in penny's & top loaders. Maybe I'll get back to it.

Are you collecting the set or just PC stuff? After a show this weekend and sending some COMC items, every thing else will be looking for a new home except for my Phillies PC.
I am a set builder doing base, sp's and variations. I don't get involved with parallels with GQ as I have to many other sets going. I am having to back track for a few years as I took a break from the addiction during a home renovation of several years. I have gained some ground on the 2014 reverse but 2013 terrifies me and of course I need a Darvish from 2012. 2015 is yet to be started.
I had been a long time Donruss/Leaf guy and got into GQ because of the design aspect and Allen Ginter wasn't my cup of tea with all the non sport stuff in it. I appreciate you looking for the Carpenter variation in 2016 (It seems it always a more common card that you need to finish a set)