Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy Holiday Bust?

Happy Holiday Bust?
Friends,

I busted a box of the WalMart Holiday baseball this morning.

My big pull was this "Super Rare" Shohei Ohtani with the Santa Belt Buckle ...

[Image: Shohei.jpg]

The holiday variations are, well, I don't know, festive?

I think I would have rather pulled Vlad Jr.'s base card, but oh well, at least they're trying to come up with something different I guess.

My other variations were the "Rare" Candy in Back Pocket Anthony Rizzo as well as the "SP" Present Under Arm Brendan Rodgers.

So ... ???

The variations are easy to spot not only because of the "decorations" on the front and serial number on the back, but they are seeded backwards in the pack.

My hit was a George Springer jersey relic and I also pulled the "snowflake" parallel of Fernando Tatis Jr., so I guess it was a good box.

Happy holidays!

RE: Happy Holiday Bust?
Very funky! Not sure if that's a good funky or a bad funky yet, but I guess I'll decide once a break a box for myself.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-04-2019, 03:18 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Very funky! Not sure if that's a good funky or a bad funky yet, but I guess I'll decide once a break a box for myself.
I mean, we're always complaining about the companies doing the same old stuff, so this definitely qualifies as different.

Plus with a relic/auto and 10 packs x 10 cards per box, this is actually one of the better value Topps products.

It's also a fun break because you get the best rookies from all three series, as well as updated players like Harper, Puig, etc. (which I pulled).

You know what? If I had to pick between thumbs up or thumbs down, I would say thumbs up.

If I had pulled the Vlad Jr. RC I would have been really happy with this box - still pretty solid regardless.

Nice break RJ! I believe the codes are 63,64,65 being the most rare. Hope that helps... Retail King!

(11-04-2019, 05:16 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice break RJ! I believe the codes are 63,64,65 being the most rare. Hope that helps... Retail King!
Ha! Yep, it's the 65 ... according to the article on the Beckett home page it's the "super rare"

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way LOL

Very nice pull congrats!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(11-04-2019, 06:27 PM)beginesj Wrote: Very nice pull congrats!!!
Thank you very much. I once pulled a Yasiel Puig SSP out of a 2013 Update blaster from the same WalMart and later traded it.

I always regretted it, but this card sort of makes up for it.

So Walmart's website is sold out. I can't find any at Walmarts near me. And ebay prices are stupid. Dang it!

(11-06-2019, 09:08 AM)btrav13 Wrote: So Walmart's website is sold out. I can't find any at Walmarts near me. And ebay prices are stupid. Dang it!
Hang in there, my friend ... they usually do a second wave.