`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy Holidays - The Sequel!

RE: Happy Holidays - The Sequel!
(11-05-2019, 01:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I saw that, don't know if he's getting that $900, LOL ... but hey, free market capitalism at its finest I guess.
Hey, my first thought was 4-figures...so, why not?!

(11-05-2019, 02:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Hey, my first thought was 4-figures...so, why not?!
I mean, it's worth a try ... I'm holding on to mine, interesting to see what kind of career he can put together over the next 10-15 years.

Hopefully he puts his "hustle" issues behind him and becomes truly great.

WOW very nice. Im still trying to find my first box to open!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(11-05-2019, 05:35 PM)beginesj Wrote: WOW very nice. Im still trying to find my first box to open!
I just saw them for the first time yesterday morning ... got one before and one after work, and then as I mentioned a couple of bubbas came in and cleared out the rest.

Stellar hit, my friend! I have a friend that would lose his mind over that card.

Another friend of mine went to Atlanta to spend some time with extended family, and ended up going to a Braves game. I asked her if she could grab something for him, just to give him a piece of the Braves from their home. It happened to be Ronald Acuna Jr. Bobblehead night, so she nabbed that for me. As she was walking out of Sun Trust Park, she was asked to sell the Bobblehead no less than five times, and two even offered her more than $200! Well, she held on to it so that I would be able to give it to my buddy.

Forward to a week later, and I have the Acuna in my hand. I head over to my buddy's house, and neglected to tell him what I was able to get for him. Now, he is about 6'3", closer to 300lbs, and 37 years old. When I handed the Acuna Jr. Bobblehead over to him, he suddenly became an 8 year old again! He was literally jumping for joy, and pretty much yelling. Haha! It was incredible to see what our hobby can do for those that truly appreciate it.

His collection is about as big, and varied as any that I have seen. Millions of card, over 1,900 DIFFERENT David Justice cards alone (his PC). A stadium flyer (the HUGE tarp posters of players that they hang on the outside of the stadium), game worn hats, game worn helmets, game used bases, game used jerseys, and one special jersey that he grabbed from a charity game that saw David Justice take part. The last jersey is one of his favourite items, because he actually had Justice respond to his tweet when he posted it on Twitter. The collection he has is insane, and he is getting his boy into it as well. I love this hobby!

Congrats, and best wishes!

Randi

(11-06-2019, 11:15 AM)rayeates Wrote: Stellar hit, my friend! I have a friend that would lose his mind over that card.

Another friend of mine went to Atlanta to spend some time with extended family, and ended up going to a Braves game. I asked her if she could grab something for him, just to give him a piece of the Braves from their home. It happened to be Ronald Acuna Jr. Bobblehead night, so she nabbed that for me. As she was walking out of Sun Trust Park, she was asked to sell the Bobblehead no less than five times, and two even offered her more than $200! Well, she held on to it so that I would be able to give it to my buddy.

Forward to a week later, and I have the Acuna in my hand. I head over to my buddy's house, and neglected to tell him what I was able to get for him. Now, he is about 6'3", closer to 300lbs, and 37 years old. When I handed the Acuna Jr. Bobblehead over to him, he suddenly became an 8 year old again! He was literally jumping for joy, and pretty much yelling. Haha! It was incredible to see what our hobby can do for those that truly appreciate it.

His collection is about as big, and varied as any that I have seen. Millions of card, over 1,900 DIFFERENT David Justice cards alone (his PC). A stadium flyer (the HUGE tarp posters of players that they hang on the outside of the stadium), game worn hats, game worn helmets, game used bases, game used jerseys, and one special jersey that he grabbed from a charity game that saw David Justice take part. The last jersey is one of his favourite items, because he actually had Justice respond to his tweet when he posted it on Twitter. The collection he has is insane, and he is getting his boy into it as well. I love this hobby!

Congrats, and best wishes!

Randi
That's an awesome story, my friend.