`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett's Future

Beckett's Future
I was thinking about Beckett's all around service the other day and wondering what others think about the future of this company.  Considering the following:

1.  The price guides - I remember when Beckett was the bible.  Now I subscribe to one of their online guides and it isn't even in the ball park to what cards are currently selling for online so it's really of little value.

2.  Graded cards - I'm not sure why, but with regards to football cards which is what I collect,  BGS/BVG cards do not hold their value as well as identical cards graded by PSA.  It is much easier to sell a PSA graded card than one graded by Beckett even though it will sell for a higher price.  Remember that the value of a card is not what it says in a price guide but actually what someone is willing to pay for it.

3.  Registry/Communication - My experience is only with Beckett & PSA and there simply is no comparison.  The PSA forums, registries and overall communication is far superior than Beckett.

4.  Customer Service - Same as #3 no comparison.  Turnaround time right now is terrible for both companies but at least with PSA you see a timeline that shows the status of your order so you have some idea.  With Beckett they have a box on their website telling you turnaround times, but those turnaround times keep changing so I really have no idea when my last order will be graded and returned.

The hobby is booming right now, graded cards are selling for way more than they were just a few months ago but I'm just not sure how a company like Beckett continues to survive with all of the challenges today.

Curious to other thoughts
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]