`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Story Will Make You Sick - Especially the Video

RE: This Story Will Make You Sick - Especially the Video
Looking at Panini's website, it seems that they had Donruss Basketball Blasters at $54.95 plus shipping

Who needs Retail Sharks R Us when Panini is selling stuff at three times the real price on their own website?

(06-01-2021, 01:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Looking at Panini's website, it seems that they had Donruss Basketball Blasters at $54.95 plus shipping

Who needs Retail Sharks R Us when Panini is selling stuff at three times the real price on their own website?
Long ago I predicted this.

Next time you see retail product in retail stores, this will be the norm.

At least they'll be locked up like the electronics.

And of course Panini will be shocked when the doosh bag scammers realize there's no margin and abandon them ... despite, you know, me warning them months in advance.

Multiple times, to multiple people that could have run this up the flagpole and avoided it.

Oh well, what do I know about retail products in general and Panini in particular?

(06-01-2021, 02:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Long ago I predicted this.

Next time you see retail product in retail stores, this will be the norm.

At least they'll be locked up like the electronics.

And of course Panini will be shocked when the doosh bag scammers realize there's no margin and abandon them ... despite, you know, me warning them months in advance.

Multiple times, to multiple people that could have run this up the flagpole and avoided it.

Oh well, what do I know about retail products in general and Panini in particular?
I guess that whoever has been buying from Retail Sharks R Us will now be paying 3X the price at Target and Wal-Mart.  I definitely won't be - blasters are questionable value at the old discounted price of $11.98.  At $60, they are throwing money away.

I might be fine with a decent $100 retail "premium product"- like 2019 Prestige jumbo boxes where you have legends autos, on card autos, and low numbered autograph cards as a possibility and guaranteed low number parallel cards and 2 autographs - but I have a feeling that they'd price it at $150.  And it will still get gobbled up by bots and sharks and it will be like 2020 Prestige with no on card autos, almost no chance at getting top rookies or legends, and a whole lot of bad rookie and low level blatant sticker dump veteran autos including people who should definitely have not been in a 2020 product (last year I was able to get some 2020 Prestige Jumbo Boxes at retail - after opening them, I wish that hte bots and sharks got them because unless you are a big Jarrett Stidham, Joshua Kelly, or Keshawn Vaughan fan they were bad)

(06-01-2021, 03:16 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I guess that whoever has been buying from Retail Sharks R Us will now be paying 3X the price at Target and Wal-Mart.  I definitely won't be - blasters are questionable value at the old discounted price of $11.98.  At $60, they are throwing money away.

I might be fine with a decent $100 retail "premium product"- like 2019 Prestige jumbo boxes where you have legends autos, on card autos, and low numbered autograph cards as a possibility and guaranteed low number parallel cards and 2 autographs - but I have a feeling that they'd price it at $150.  And it will still get gobbled up by bots and sharks and it will be like 2020 Prestige with no on card autos, almost no chance at getting top rookies or legends, and a whole lot of bad rookie and low level blatant sticker dump veteran autos including people who should definitely have not been in a 2020 product (last year I was able to get some 2020 Prestige Jumbo Boxes at retail - after opening them, I wish that hte bots and sharks got them because unless you are a big Jarrett Stidham, Joshua Kelly, or Keshawn Vaughan fan they were bad)
Meanwhile, my Jamaal Williams on card rookie auto showed up today ... beautiful card for less than a blaster.

(06-01-2021, 07:12 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Meanwhile, my Jamaal Williams on card rookie auto showed up today ... beautiful card for less than a blaster.
That's the way to do it

Meanwhile, if Rick James was still alive he'd be looking at the actions of people getting Pokemon and basketball cards and say "those people are seriously addicted"

(06-02-2021, 11:01 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: That's the way to do it

Meanwhile, if Rick James was still alive he'd be looking at the actions of people getting Pokemon and basketball cards and say "those people are seriously addicted"
I love cards as much as anybody but I'm not sure I'd be willing to get in a fist fight or dog pile over them.

(06-02-2021, 12:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I love cards as much as anybody but I'm not sure I'd be willing to get in a fist fight or dog pile over them.
I've reached the point where I barely even bother to check if there are cards when I am retail stores anymore

I don't go to big retail stores much, but I went to a Walmart while vacationing. Took a look at the cards, and there was an empty cardboard display for 2021 Score, plus 2 loose jumbo cello packs or whatever of '21 Bowman baseball and 3 hangers of baseball (99% sure they were 2021). Didn't get any, as I don't collect baseball and hardly ever trade online. But not checking might be the way to go so I don't disappoint myself. Ignorance is bliss.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(06-02-2021, 05:53 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I don't go to big retail stores much, but I went to a Walmart while vacationing. Took a look at the cards, and there was an empty cardboard display for 2021 Score, plus 2 loose jumbo cello packs or whatever of '21 Bowman baseball and 3 hangers of baseball (99% sure they were 2021). Didn't get any, as I don't collect baseball and hardly ever trade online. But not checking might be the way to go so I don't disappoint myself. Ignorance is bliss.
I haven’t seen a single pack of baseball, football or basketball in Target since they started their Doosh Bag Fridays program about three months ago.

And now since the doosh bags couldn’t even control themselves on Doosh Bag Fridays, most Targets have pulled all cards from shelves.

The only sports cards I’ve seen at either Target or WalMart are Upper Deck Series 2 hockey jumbos.

(06-03-2021, 01:13 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I haven’t seen a single pack of baseball, football or basketball in Target since they started their Doosh Bag Fridays program about three months ago.

And now since the doosh bags couldn’t even control themselves on Doosh Bag Fridays, most Targets have pulled all cards from shelves.

The only sports cards I’ve seen at either Target or WalMart are Upper Deck Series 2 hockey jumbos.
Personally, I think UD hockey base is pretty good quality for a base retail brand, so if I found UD Series 2, I'd definitely get some. I got 2 packs of series 1, no doubles.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers