`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1939 Joe DiMaggio Life magazine

1939 Joe DiMaggio Life magazine
I came across a graded 1939 Life Magazine Joe DiMaggio insert/cutout. I can’t find much info about it anyone seen this before? It’s graded by North American Sports Card Authenticators. Thanks in advance for any help!

RE: 1939 Joe DiMaggio Life magazine
Do you have a picture/scan of the insert/cutout? I've found plenty on the Life magazines that had DiMaggio on the cover but no mention of an insert/cutout. Was it just a photo of him from inside the magazine that was cut out?

As far as North American Sports Card Authenticators, as far as I can tell they are now a defunct company. I found an old article that had a link to their site but the site is no longer available. I believe they were based out of Canada and were part of the huge surge in overnight grading companies in the late 90s/2000s that didn't last long and went out of business.

In another article I found from 2001, somebody had "found" a T206 Wagner portrait and had it graded by this company and it came back as "poor," when the card is very apparently a fake/reprint. Their slab, at least then, was nothing more than a screw-down case you can pick up at any LCS.

I'd love to see a pic of what you might have but I wouldn't put any kind of faith into that grading company.