`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Customs

2022 Customs
The last couple of weeks of amazing football plus getting energy back post-covid (stupid dry cough is still around) got me to working on my next set of customs.  This last year I've worked mostly off of this design:

I did a whole lot more but these 6 covers the variations I did.  Some were TTMs for myself, others were TTMs for others, and a few more were custom jobs for members here.  I had a lot of fun with this design but I leaned heavily on a tutorial for the basics then did some modifications.

For 2022, here's what I'm kicking around.  Only issue I can see so far is that it's probably not TTM friendly again but I might slap a large white oval on the lower third of the card to address that.

Any critical feedback people have for me I'd love to hear it!  The vibe I was after is similar to 2006-07 Upper Deck Sweet Shot with less emphasis on the ball

RE: 2022 Customs
The Jim McMahon one with all different teams is really cool...especially the Bears pose...excellent work!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Good stuff!

Great work as always! Love the Zylstra, I look forward to getting one.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

Tweaking the design some more.  Fields has been updated to change a stone background from 33% opacity to 50% opacity.  You can see more of the rough texture come through, especially to the right of the player.  Also updated the stroke color to make a team color for the name/position.  Also tweaked the "company" logo a bit to add a 1 pixel, 50% transparent black stroke to help make it pop against light backgrounds.

I went ahead and made an opposite logo/name variation depending on the action shot.  I can see using lighter background pictures are going to make the cards really bright, might need to make sure I've got more variety.  I liked using the Gould one because you can kind of see the holder in the lower left.

I think grabbing a picture of a player in the middle of a scrum, shedding blockers, making catches over DBs, etc, are going to look even better.  I may try to do one of these next.

https://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image...19636.jpeg

https://www.nbcsports.com/sites/nbcsport...190911.jpg

Once the draft happens, I'll have a variation for rookies.... probably a rookie logo in either the unused corner or under the Epic logo.  Thank you Jaderock, RJ, and CMC for the compliments Smile.

That Gould card looks awesome - like the revised Fields as well - better looking cards than much of what Panini is releasing

Keep it up!

A suggestion-- this may be too hard, but have you ever thought about having extra color (jerseys, grass, stands, other players etc) fade away to black and white around the player, instead of just a straight transition?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

(01-31-2022, 05:52 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: That Gould card looks awesome - like the revised Fields as well - better looking cards than much of what Panini is releasing
Thanks!  Though sadly, not a high bar to cross these days.

(01-31-2022, 09:28 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Keep it up!

A suggestion-- this may be too hard, but have you ever thought about having extra color (jerseys, grass, stands, other players etc) fade away to black and white around the player, instead of just a straight transition?
Interesting, I'll have to give that a shot.  You thinking the color is on the edges and it fades to monochrome as it gets closer to the player, or there's color closer to the player and it fades to monochrome?

Here's a couple more.

The Montgomery and Donalds look very good - obviously, the Montgomery is my favorite

I was thinking more color around the player and it fades to monochrome the further away from the player a point on the card is.

Nice job on the Montgomery and Donald, I like the black-and-white Kyler being sacked by Donald.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers