`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAKE AFFORDABLE AGAIN

MAKE AFFORDABLE AGAIN
HOPE FANATICS STOPS THIS NONSENSE OF $1,300 BOXES, OR AT LEAST PUTS OUT AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS.....BOXES SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 16 TO 24 PACKS, 5 TO 8 CARDS A PACK, WITH ONE AUTO AND/OR ONE DECENT MEMORABILIA CARD AND AT A COST OF $200 OR LESS....

THESE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS OF 5 CARDS A BOX, ETC. ARE KILLING THE HOBBY...WHO HAS THAT KIND OF MONEY? THERE ARE MORE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS NOW THAN THE KIND OF BOXES WITH 16 TO 24 PACKS....

FLOOD FANATICS WITH EMAILS AND/OR INQUIRIES IMPLORING THEM TO MAKE THE HOBBY SOMEWHAT AFFORDABLE AGAIN.

FOR NOW, BUYING SINGLE CARDS IS THE BEST AND MOST ECONOMICAL OPTION

RE: MAKE AFFORDABLE AGAIN
Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. You can still get some products for more reasonable prices but they are going to be more entry level like regular Topps or Hoops. That being said there have been a number of basketball hobby boxes under $200 a box this year including Hoops. I find that while a lot of prices are higher than the past, it is more so that there are more products in the mid to high end, whereas in the past there were more low to mid end products.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Agreed, I badly miss the days of the $100 to $150 hobby box.

I don't think this will ever happen until all the blood sucking hype men are driven out. Your hobby is just another racket to them.

Agreed, there are some retail products like Bowman baseball and Prizm basketball that used to be highly available.

I have seen exactly one hanger pack of Prizm football since 2019, for example.