Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Blaster of Prizm in 3 Years - The MehFest Continues

First Blaster of Prizm in 3 Years - The MehFest Continues
Friends,

I'm usually a big believer in the "Last Blaster Rule" ... meaning, never leave it on the shelf.

I helped a buddy move over the weekend and stopped in the local WalMart on the way home one night.

To my absolute shock, there was one blaster of 2021-22 Prizm Basketball left.

Now, before we move on to the "hits," let's take a quick trip back in time, to the last time I found Prizm blasters in the wild ...

- Fall 2019 ... blasters were 6 packs, 4 cards per and guaranteed a mem or auto card (meaning, a mem card or Panini Rewards points) ... Price - $19.99

That, of course, was before the advent of COVID and The Rise of the Doosh Bag Network.

OK, now for this weekend's blaster ...

- August 2022 ... blasters were still an encouraging 6 packs, 4 cards per but did not guarantee s--t other than you will be paying $15 more ... Price - $34.99

The results:

RCs - Quentin Grimes, Chris Duarte, Bones Hyland
Prizms - Jared Butler cracked ice RC, Cam Johnson cracked ice, Duncan Robinson cracked ice, Rajon Rondo silver, Draymond Green green (ironically), Dwayne Bacon swirly purple
Instant Impact - Jalen Suggs
Global Reach - Rui Hachimura

The only thing close to a saving grace was a nice NBA 75th anniversary insert of Zion Williamson ... according to dBay it is a "Gem Fire Bro SSP Case Hit," but who knows anymore.

Conversely, a couple of weeks ago I spent the same amount of money (like within a dollar) and got a nice Cade Cunningham Prizm RC for my Pistons PC.

Part of me is really glad I can't find these blasters anywhere, because they're not worth it.

Anyway, here's the Zion ... thanks for looking!

RJ 

[Image: Zion75-Small.jpg]

RE: First Blaster of Prizm in 3 Years - The MehFest Continues
Not big on basketball, but that is a nice looking card.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(08-16-2022, 06:35 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Not big on basketball, but that is a nice looking card.
Thanks man … it was the last card in the last pack (and I don’t look at the card on the back when I open the pack) … took the blaster from an F to a C-minus.

Still not worth the $35, not even close.

Maybe book wise, but not in terms of any cards I care about.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I also pulled some swirly purple prizm of Dwayne Bacon … wasn’t even aware he was still in the league.

Added "Dwayne Bacon swirly purple" to list of prizms pulled in original post ... have no idea how I could forget that one, LOL

So it looks like one prizm parallel per pack, don't remember pulling two in same pack.

I present to you a transcript of DBN BREAKS pulling a Purple Swirly Dwayne Bacon Prizm

GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE! WHAT A BANGER! MOJO! WOOO! GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE!

This Dwayne Baker will be worth millions because it's swirly purple and everyone loves swirly purple like Grape KOOL AID we drink after our box breaks here at DBN Box Breaks! DBN Box Breaks the GREATEST BREAKERS IN THE WORLD - WE BREAK ALL OF OUR BOXES LIVE ON DELAY SO WE CAN POCKET ANYTHING REALLY GEM FIRE BRO BECAUSE WE DON'T FIND BREAKING FRAUDULENT ENOUGH - MOJO DYWANE BACON - BACON LIKE THE FOOD, BUT WE DON"T GET BACON BECAUSE IT TAKES TOO LONG AND MY MOM REFUSES TO MICROWAVE HIT - HOT POCKETS ALL OF THE WAY BRO HERE AT DBN BREAKS GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE. WHAT A BANGER WAYNE SAUSAGE - I MEAN HAM OH SOME PORK PRODUCT - GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE! DBN BREAKS PULLING ONLY MOJO

(08-17-2022, 04:57 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I present to you a transcript of DBN BREAKS pulling a Purple Swirly Dwayne Bacon Prizm

GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE!  WHAT A BANGER!  MOJO!  WOOO!  GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE!

This Dwayne Baker will be worth millions because it's swirly purple and everyone loves swirly purple like Grape KOOL AID we drink after our box breaks here at DBN Box Breaks!  DBN Box Breaks the GREATEST BREAKERS IN THE WORLD - WE BREAK ALL OF OUR BOXES LIVE ON DELAY SO WE CAN POCKET ANYTHING REALLY GEM FIRE BRO BECAUSE WE DON'T FIND BREAKING FRAUDULENT ENOUGH - MOJO DYWANE BACON - BACON LIKE THE FOOD, BUT WE DON"T GET BACON BECAUSE IT TAKES TOO LONG AND MY MOM REFUSES TO MICROWAVE HIT - HOT POCKETS ALL OF THE WAY BRO HERE AT DBN BREAKS GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE.  WHAT A BANGER WAYNE SAUSAGE - I MEAN HAM OH SOME PORK PRODUCT - GEM FIRE BRO GEM FIRE!  DBN BREAKS PULLING ONLY MOJO
LOL, "Dwayne Baker" ... "live on delay"

Classic, you pretty much nailed it.

I'll give my usual rundown of basketball breaks, if there's no Duke alums, it's not worth it. Bro.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(08-21-2022, 03:11 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I'll give my usual rundown of basketball breaks, if there's no Duke alums, it's not worth it. Bro.
Other than the Zion, I don’t know if I actually pulled any other Duke guys.

“Alums” would indicate that they graduated … bro.