`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett shipping fees

Beckett shipping fees
I looked for a thread like this and could not find one, so I decided to post for feedback. I have only used PSA in the past for grading, my experience overall has been very good in the roughly 700 cards I have submitted. I am not a big player, just a hobbyist. Recently I had a couple of cards that came back 9's from PSA and a couple friends suggested to crack them and to give BGS a shot. I set up an account, went through the step by step and toward the end got down to the shipping fees. I was only planning on sending in 2 cards, a 1989 UD #1 Griffey and a 1996 Topps Stars 74 Jordan Finest Refractor. I valued this pair at about $500 because they are really pretty nice, so that is what I entered. The PSA shipping and insurance fee for this lot would be $14 total. The BGS fee is $39. I decided not to submit. I don't consider myself a cheapskate, but this is a whole other category of WTF. I really don't see myself going down this avenue of regularly sending to BGS and paying these shipping fees, it doesn't make sense to me. I was hoping more rational minds could give me feedback and possibly reasons why I should use BGS in spite of these fees. Any constructive help would be appreciated.