`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What do you think about the signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good Signing by the Phillies
66.67%
10 66.67%
Poor Signing by the Phillies
13.33%
2 13.33%
I don't care What the Phillies do
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trea Turner to the Phillies

RE: Trea Turner to the Phillies
LOL, all the Giants fans out here on sports talk radio are in an uproar because Judge re-signed with the Yankees.

What they don't realize is, nobody wants to play in that crap pitcher's ballpark, nor deal with the absurd California taxes.

The best part is - despite swinging and missing on Harper, Stanton, Soto and now Judge over the last four years - the fans now have their sights set on Shohei Ohtani.

Spoiler alert ... he's not coming here.

The Giants basically have two choices - draft and develop better, or make bigger and better trades, because free agents aren't interested in the slightest.

(Their big dynamic recruiting plan was to give Buster Posey some miniscule ownership stake and some random front office title so he could schmooze free agents ... I don't know if he was involved in the Judge sweepstakes, but if he was, it didn't work.)

Ahhh, Bay Area baseball. Gotta love it.

(12-07-2022, 06:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: nor deal with the absurd California taxes.
A lot of people don't realize the impact personal taxes has on players and them moving to another city via free agency/trade  I know for Philadelphia specifically, there is some kind of entertainment tax for performers above the wage tax.  Being a Commonwealth, Pennsylvania has a pretty much flat personal income tax - same rate for everyone regardless of income (hardly any deductions) vs say Federal taxes.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-08-2022, 11:36 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: A lot of people don't realize the impact personal taxes has on players and them moving to another city via free agency/trade  I know for Philadelphia specifically, there is some kind of entertainment tax for performers above the wage tax.  Being a Commonwealth, Pennsylvania has a pretty much flat personal income tax - same rate for everyone regardless of income (hardly any deductions) vs say Federal taxes.
That's why so many athletes have a "home" in Florida - no taxes, LOL

I have lived out here for 40 years and would move back to Michigan tomorrow if I could.

I think health aside, Phillies have a wicked lineup. If Castellanos can bounce back even more
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(12-12-2022, 03:31 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I think health aside, Phillies have a wicked lineup. If Castellanos can bounce back even more
Facts

(12-12-2022, 04:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Facts

I think he will bounce back, the guys a good hitter and should figure it out... Its funny how they go on these crazy funks and no one can figure out what happened.... (Bellinger)
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(12-14-2022, 04:16 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I think he will bounce back, the guys a good hitter and should figure it out... Its funny how they go on these crazy funks and no one can figure out what happened.... (Bellinger)
Facts, the sequel