`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996-97 SkyBox EX-2000 checklists?

1996-97 SkyBox EX-2000 checklists?
I'm working on completing the set in the title and I've been able to get most of my missing cards from COMC, but they didn't have either of the checklists available.  I found them on eBay for a decent price, so I bought them.

I just got them yesterday and... they're quite a bit bigger than the other cards in the set?

I can't remember since it was so long ago, but I'm assuming that the checklists weren't in packs.

At the same time, they are numbered #81 and #82, so they should be considered part of the set...?

I'm very confused.

Any information would be helpful!

EDIT: Upon further research, the checklists did come in packs, so now I really don't understand how they could have been bigger than the regular cards.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: 1996-97 SkyBox EX-2000 checklists?
(01-04-2023, 07:41 PM)hempick Wrote: I'm working on completing the set in the title and I've been able to get most of my missing cards from COMC, but they didn't have either of the checklists available.  I found them on eBay for a decent price, so I bought them.

I just got them yesterday and... they're quite a bit bigger than the other cards in the set?

I can't remember since it was so long ago, but I'm assuming that the checklists weren't in packs.

At the same time, they are numbered #81 and #82, so they should be considered part of the set...?

I'm very confused.

Any information would be helpful!

EDIT:  Upon further research, the checklists did come in packs, so now I really don't understand how they could have been bigger than the regular cards.
Maybe they were miscut or something?

(01-04-2023, 11:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Maybe they were miscut or something?
Definite possibility.

(01-05-2023, 03:45 PM)hempick Wrote: Definite possibility.
I know from time to time certain inserts are slightly smaller or bigger than regular base cards, though I don't know why checklist would fall under that category unless they were seeded differently.

From what I've read, the EX-2000 packs had dummy cards on the front and back of the pack which checklists were sometimes put in place of.

(01-06-2023, 03:40 PM)hempick Wrote: From what I've read, the EX-2000 packs had dummy cards on the front and back of the pack which checklists were sometimes put in place of.
Got it, they're just a different size then ... even a centimeter extra or so per side makes the card feel huge.