Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Blasters 2022 Optic, Two Autos - Say What? SCAN

Two Blasters 2022 Optic, Two Autos - Say What? SCAN
Friends in baseball,

I tried two blasters of 2022 Optic baseball ... I'm a sucker for Rated Rookies, chrome-ish cards and updated player trades and signings in general, so this is sort of the perfect product for me.

I was shocked to pull an auto in each blaster - don't even know the last time that happened (if ever).

One was a nice on-card Rated Rookie auto (first in my collection) of Glenn Otto of the Rangers - silver prizm, even.

The other was an Elite Series sticker auto of Max Kranick of the Pirates.

[Image: Glenn.jpg]

Not huge names but definitely a nice surprise.

The best non-auto pulls were a Wander Franco "The Rookies" silver prizm insert in the first blaster and a Henry Davis "Rated Prospect" card in the second.

(Come to think of it, the Davis and the Kranick auto were in the same blaster, a Pirates fan would have loved it.)

Thanks for looking!

RE: Two Blasters 2022 Optic, Two Autos - Say What? SCAN
Stop while your are ahead. Betcha you can't lol.

Otto has a pretty nice signature.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(01-26-2023, 02:56 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Stop while your are ahead.  Betcha you can't lol.

Otto has a pretty nice signature.
I know, I'm extremely tempted ... they're the stupid $29.99 price point but you get enough color and inserts (nevermind autos) to make it feel like a decent value.

The two cards I want are the Julio Rodriguez and Spencer Torkelson "Rated Rookie" cards.

Which I can get both off the bay for about $8 shipped.

So I got three more blasters … and three more autos.

1988 “Retro” sticker autos of Gavin Sheets, Jose Devers and Sam Selman.

As much as I like these, I haven’t pulled the RCs (*) I wanted and am already starting to pull dupes, a big no-no for me … I did pull the pink Mike Trout and the pink Wander Franco cards, so I think I’m going to call it good.

Must be an auto per box then?

(01-27-2023, 09:08 PM)wnclark22@outlook.com Wrote: Must be an auto per box then?
That’s what I’m wondering, but the only reference to autos on the box is “look for” … they normally say “one memo or auto per box, on average” or whatever if there’s guaranteed content.

Even then, if you buy say eight blasters of a certain product advertised that way, you’re normally looking at at least two Rewards points cards as your hits among the eight.

So to guarantee one live auto per box at $29.99 is pretty substantial, at least on the Panini scale.

With all the badmouthing that Panini gets, you’d figure they’d want as much credit for putting out a decent value as possible … but they forgot to mention it, LOL

If anyone else has busted these blasters, I'd be curious to know if you pulled any autos.

Going 5 for 5 would be unheard of for me (and most people) unless they actually were 1 per blaster guaranteed.

Has anyone else busted these, and if so, did you get one auto per blaster?

If so, who did you get?

My best of the five was probably Gavin Sheets, son of Larry Sheets, who has a good chance to start at 1B or in the OF for the White Sox this year now that Jose Abreu is gone.

(Andrew Vaughn will probably get the other spot.)

I got a 2022 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Navy Blue Stars #50 Patrick Mazeika /99
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(02-10-2023, 06:46 AM)floydtown Wrote: I got a 2022 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Signatures Navy Blue Stars #50 Patrick Mazeika /99
One blaster?

Trying to figure out if there is an auto in each one, because it seems very odd that Panini would not advertise that.