`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995-96 Topps Finest Refractors...?

1995-96 Topps Finest Refractors...?
Been wanting to get some more Kevin Garnett rookies for my collection, so I was cruising eBay and found that his Finest card is really nice looking.  Loved Topps Finest back in the day, so after seeing the non-refractor version of his rookie, I began searching for the refractor one...

It doesn't exist, though.  None of the 1st series rookie cards had refractor parallels, apparently.  Beckett notes that as such in the set information, but I wondering if there was a reason why.

Seems like a gross oversight by Topps to not make refractors of the majority of the rookies in the product.

Anyone have more information on that or is it just a mystery that will never be solved?

TIA
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: 1995-96 Topps Finest Refractors...?
(01-30-2023, 05:11 PM)hempick Wrote: Been wanting to get some more Kevin Garnett rookies for my collection, so I was cruising eBay and found that his Finest card is really nice looking.  Loved Topps Finest back in the day, so after seeing the non-refractor version of his rookie, I began searching for the refractor one...

It doesn't exist, though.  None of the 1st series rookie cards had refractor parallels, apparently.  Beckett notes that as such in the set information, but I wondering if there was a reason why.

Seems like a gross oversight by Topps to not make refractors of the majority of the rookies in the product.

Anyone have more information on that or is it just a mystery that will never be solved?

TIA
Topps gonna Topps

(01-30-2023, 06:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Topps gonna Topps

What a bummer. What is even the point of a Finest/Chrome product with no refractors?

(01-30-2023, 08:41 PM)hempick Wrote: What a bummer.  What is even the point of a Finest/Chrome product with no refractors?
But 2017 Prizm Football made up for it by making ALL of their rookie cards silver prizms!

”YOU get a silver … and YOU get a silver!”

Haha... Equally strange.

(01-31-2023, 09:57 PM)hempick Wrote: Haha... Equally strange.
The DBN had a field day selling these “silver prizms!” to all the Great New Collectors I keep hearing about.