`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Panini Donruss Optic Fat Packs

2022 Panini Donruss Optic Fat Packs
Hello, the 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Baseball fat packs seem to dish out hits so I opened three fat packs. Inside was a Mike Trout Prizm insert the lime green parallel's and a Wander Franco rookie among other things. Airbrushed but all chrome and refractor out. Might be good for selling singles.
[Image: 20230218-115134.jpg]
[Image: 20230218-114624.jpg]
[Image: 20230218-114051.jpg]
[Image: 20230218-093036.jpg]
Value Pack my bad.
[Image: sgttranski_zpsea3fa47c.jpg]

RE: 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Fat Packs
Optic retail has been good to me. Three blasters, three autos, lots of good rc's and parallels. I'm tempted to quit while I'm ahead, but I'm not that smart.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Yep, I knew it … there is an auto per blaster of the Optic stuff, I went 5 for 5 myself.

Who were your three autos?

(02-19-2023, 12:23 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, I knew it … there is an auto per blaster of the Optic stuff, I went 5 for 5 myself.

Who were your three autos?
Chase McCormick, Drew Ellis, and someone I've already forgotten. I didn't say they were all good, just autos lol
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

(02-19-2023, 06:22 PM)gmccarth Wrote: Chase McCormick, Drew Ellis, and someone I've already forgotten. I didn't say they were all good, just autos lol
Mine weren’t either, best one was Gavin Sheets

I don't see blasters I just see hangers or fat packs. The blasters are normally piled on top of each other with no prices marked. Sometimes they are neatly displayed but still no prices marked. I know the prices of blasters went up lately so your paying for the autograph. I got a Ovi GU autograph card out of a blaster of Certified in 2011 that was the best autograph I ever got out of a blaster before otherwise forget it.

(02-20-2023, 11:38 AM)AdamTranski Wrote: I don't see blasters I just see hangers or fat packs. The blasters are normally piled on top of each other with no prices marked. Sometimes they are neatly displayed but still no prices marked. I know the prices of blasters went up lately so your paying for the autograph. I got a Ovi GU autograph card out of a blaster of Certified in 2011 that was the best autograph I ever got out of a blaster before otherwise forget it.
No, the prices of blasters went up because all the idiots that stood in line for hours instead of looking for jobs, girlfriends or lives in general and harassed the card distributors in the process, then took those blasters and sold them for ridiculously marked up prices online to these "great new collectors" I keep hearing about.

In fact, retail has never offered less quality content than it does now - for significantly marked-up prices.

Example - Panini Prizm basketball blasters used to cost $19.99 and guaranteed an autograph or memorabilia card per box (well, actually, very often a 'Rewards" card where you had to pay shipping for out of date autos or mem cards of role players or players no longer in the league from products up to five or six years old at the time).

But at least you got "something."

Now a Prizm blaster costs $34.99 and does not guarantee a mem or auto card.

I mean ... why?

As far as Optic baseball, Panini has continued to out-Panini itself by not even advertising the autos as one per box on these particular blasters, so even when they do something right, they still get it wrong.

it is 100 percent due to a lack of basic pride in their work and the fact that they have become extremely lazy due to their unfortunate monopoly.

Hey, I like that because everybody was staying home or working from home for the pandemic the sports cards industry peaked during that time. Now the card companies want your money and don't care about much else except for releasing more product even though there's already too many products. I fell like I'm still on the product from last year but they already released the same product from this year almost back to back and cannot keep up. Like they are overlapping each other the players must not even have time to autograph the cards so they use cards from five or six years ago. The rookies are worth more money in new releases than the future HOF veteran players are. Then the rookies drop in value and everybody is getting slabs from the wrong companies. The BGS is for ultra modern cards and PSA is for vintage or cards from 1988 or older. Grading cost at least $15 and the slabs sell for less than that so often if it's not a 9 or 10 your out.

rjcj2017
No, the prices of blasters went up because all the idiots that stood in line for hours instead of looking for jobs, girlfriends or lives in general and harassed the card distributors in the process, then took those blasters and sold them for ridiculously marked up prices online to these "great new collectors" I keep hearing about.

In fact, retail has never offered less quality content than it does now - for significantly marked-up prices.

Example - Panini Prizm basketball blasters used to cost $19.99 and guaranteed an autograph or memorabilia card per box (well, actually, very often a 'Rewards" card where you had to pay shipping for out of date autos or mem cards of role players or players no longer in the league from products up to five or six years old at the time).

But at least you got "something."

Now a Prizm blaster costs $34.99 and does not guarantee a mem or auto card.

I mean ... why?

As far as Optic baseball, Panini has continued to out-Panini itself by not even advertising the autos as one per box on these particular blasters, so even when they do something right, they still get it wrong.

it is 100 percent due to a lack of basic pride in their work and the fact that they have become extremely lazy due to their unfortunate monopoly.

Agreed, and people also flooded the reputable grading companies with fifth-year base cards - I mean, who cares? - to the point where they could no longer keep up.

That opened the door for a bunch of wanna-be grading companies taking advantage of those "great new collectors" I keep hearing about.

Now there is so much crap floating out there - "hey, check it out, Mike Trout 2017 Topps base card, graded by BFD or WTF Grading Company, 7.5, Sort Of Almost Close To Mint" or whatever.