`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think that some cards might be secretly short printed?

Do you think that some cards might be secretly short printed?
I suppose that the explanation for this could just be that I might be super unlucky...

Let's say that isn't the explanation, though.

When Luka Doncic was a rookie I bought tons and tons of Donruss to try for his rookies.  Specifically, I bought them (from Walmart.com) after the next season had started so they were discounted $5 per blaster.

Anyway... I ended up with about 7 or 8 of every rookie in the set EXCEPT Luka.  I only pulled two of his RCs.  Seems very strange to me.

When I bought tons of product of 2017 baseball trying for Judge cards, I pulled pretty much the same amount of his stuff as other rookies (Bregman, Bellinger, etc)

Again, it could just be that I was unlucky with Luka stuff, but could it also be that Panini secretly short prints some cards?
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: Do you think that some cards might be secretly short printed?
100 percent!

Last year when trying to pull Cade stuff for my Pistons PC I must have bought 50 blasters’ worth of various products … not one Cade parallel, prizm or any special card other than base and a couple of random inserts.

But Isaiah Jackson and Corey Kispert?

Yee haw, all kinds of mem cards, color parallels, numbered cards, etc.

Man, if the Pistons can win that lottery and get Wembanyama that should help Cade Cunningham's card prices.

Wonder how many Wembanyama's cards will be short-prints?

(04-24-2023, 01:20 PM)RattPoison2 Wrote: Man, if the Pistons can win that lottery and get Wembanyama that should help Cade Cunningham's card prices.

Wonder how many Wembanyama's cards will be short-prints?
That would be awesome.

I have this bad feeling he's going to end up in Portland or Indiana or someplace where no one cares in the slightest.

I have been peddling this theory for a few years now. It seems since about 2019-2020 or so that the key rookies and prospects (baseball) just do not fall at the rate of the other guys.

Some will say, oh you just had bad luck, but I cant believe that it would happen with every key guy, but than I would get multiple of the lesser? All the time!!!!!

For instance, the Cade thing, I am a pistons fan....I have hit every rookie in triplicate in Prizm......not one of his. Bought around 25-30 blasters.....he is the only one i have not hit!
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

(05-06-2023, 01:46 PM)chester2002 Wrote: I have been peddling this theory for a few years now. It seems since about 2019-2020 or so that the key rookies and prospects (baseball) just do not fall at the rate of the other guys.

Some will say, oh you just had bad luck, but I cant believe that it would happen with every key guy, but than I would get multiple of the lesser? All the time!!!!!

For instance, the Cade thing, I am a pistons fan....I have hit every rookie in triplicate in Prizm......not one of his. Bought around 25-30 blasters.....he is the only one i have not hit!
That is crazy, I'm sorry to hear that.

What a joke.

Because I'm a complete idiot, I bought 9 blasters and 20 jumbos of the new 2023 Bowman baseball last night at Target.

Guess how many cards of Druw Jones (the guy on the box) I pulled?

Correct - zero.

Yet somehow, magically, I pulled 5-6 duplicates of some other guys.

Yes, you could blame Topps' crappy collation as always, but I can't ever remember getting five or six of the player I was actually looking for ... you'd think if it truly was random that would have happened to me at least once in oh, say, the 35 years I've been collecting.

Oh well - it's not their fault I won't learn.

Topps wins again.

(05-10-2023, 08:46 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Because I'm a complete idiot, I bought 9 blasters and 20 jumbos of the new 2023 Bowman baseball last night at Target.

Guess how many cards of Druw Jones (the guy on the box) I pulled?

Correct - zero.

Yet somehow, magically, I pulled 5-6 duplicates of some other guys.

Yes, you could blame Topps' crappy collation as always, but I can't ever remember getting five or six of the player I was actually looking for ... you'd think if it truly was random that would have happened to me at least once in oh, say, the 35 years I've been collecting.

Oh well - it's not their fault I won't learn.

Topps wins again.

NONE? All that ripping and none of him? That's ridiculous.

I know for sure that sometimes I've bought multiple boxes/packs from a specific store and not gotten any of a particular player and then purchased more of the same product at a different store and pulled some of said player, so I do wonder if that is a thing too.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(05-14-2023, 09:50 PM)hempick Wrote: NONE?  All that ripping and none of him?  That's ridiculous.

I know for sure that sometimes I've bought multiple boxes/packs from a specific store and not gotten any of a particular player and then purchased more of the same product at a different store and pulled some of said player, so I do wonder if that is a thing too.
I ripped one more blaster from a WalMart ... nothing.

Then 12 more jumbos from a different Target, finally got the regular Chrome card as the last card in the last pack!

So a grand total of 10 blasters and 32 jumbos from three different stores - one Druw Jones card.

I did get some nice Holliday and Rutschman cards, though, as well as two autos - green shimmer/99 of Dyan Jorge of the Rockies (this actually books pretty well) and a base Andres Mesa of the Rangers. 

Yes, I can confirm, more shenanigans from the card companies.