Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on recase

Question on recase
Hello,

I sent a card in to be rebased with instructions not to crack it if it would affect the grade.  Basically the card was a 9.5/10auto.  I didn't want to risk it going down.  I had purchased the card from someone but the case was scratched so I was hoping to get a new case.  

However, I got my notice from Beckett that my grading is done but the new cert has NG and no subs? It only says recase.  The old serial number is there in the system and the new one basically is zeroed out.  

What I'm wondering is what am I getting back? the new order says NG but am I getting back a card ungraded in a case? or is that just how Beckett keeps track? Or did they crack it, regrade and since it was lower than a 9.5/10 didn't regrade? 

Thanks so much for listening

Jeff

RE: Question on recase
OK, I searched the forums, sounds like it's just a placekeeper and a recase has happened Smile (I hope)

Thanks but if anyone has information, that'd be grand

(03-28-2023, 02:27 PM)jeffslugs Wrote: OK, I searched the forums, sounds like it's just a placekeeper and a recase has happened Smile (I hope)

Thanks but if anyone has information, that'd be grand
I have actually just noticed this the other day. I had a few cards recased and they all have placekeeper serial numbers with no sub grades or grades, but the slabs I have received back still have the original serial numbers and grade, so you should be good.

How do you go about actually having a card recased? Also, how do you make a note not to crack if it'll affect the grade? I can't find the option/pricing anywhere online and I've reached out to their customer service twice with no response. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

@kpete42 if you go to the pricing there is a $10 relabel section under pricing. Just click on the submit button and that will start your process. They just replace the case. NOT a "regrade" where the grade could change.

(05-17-2023, 06:34 AM)promodeltodd Wrote: @kpete42 if you go to the pricing there is a $10 relabel section under pricing.  Just click on the submit button and that will start your process.  They just replace the case.  NOT a "regrade" where the grade could change.
Thanks!