`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonald's All-American Topps Chrome - GEM FIRE BANGER, Bros!!!

McDonald's All-American Topps Chrome - GEM FIRE BANGER, Bros!!!
Bros,

My local Target had some McDonald's All-American basketball blasters this past week ... I passed on them initially, then reconsidered when I looked at the checklist and realized that Brandon Miller (likely #2 or #3 pick in the upcoming draft) was in the set.

I'm a sucker for new players that I don't have cards of, so I went back in this morning to see if there were any left.

Nope. Thanks, DBN.

(This is the type of product that would have sat on the shelves for weeks if not months in the Golden Era of Retail.) 

Was getting ready to leave when I noticed one lonely, little Golden Arches logo on top of a blaster ... some DBN scrub had tried to hide the last one behind a row of Mosaic Soccer.

So, you know me and "The Last Blaster Rule" ... done deal.

Seven packs, 4 cards per, the first four packs were not very notable.

I was thinking it was not going to happen ... until it was ...

[Image: Miller-Crop.jpg]

That's right, bros, a GEM FIRE BANGER refractor of Mr. Miller!

I would have been excited about the base card, but the refractor put it over the top.

RE: McDonald's All-American Topps Chrome - GEM FIRE BANGER, Bros!!!
Nice. So are you done? Or are you going for the base? lol
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(04-18-2023, 08:48 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Nice.  So are you done? Or are you going for the base? lol
I think I’m done. Maybe.

This is one of those sets where each player has two base cards, so he also has an action photo.

(But this was the version I wanted.)

One awesome thing I forgot to mention … the card actually says “refractor” on the back, like old school Chrome cards!

(04-19-2023, 12:13 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think I’m done. Maybe.

This is one of those sets where each player has two base cards, so he also has an action photo.

(But this was the version I wanted.)

One awesome thing I forgot to mention … the card actually says “refractor” on the back, like old school Chrome cards!
Guess it is like Topps Chrome Overdrive.  Bought one of those last year at B&N.  Didn't realize what is was until I opened and realized I didn't know a single player.  And there seemed to be a couple of each player in the set.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(04-19-2023, 08:29 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Guess it is like Topps Chrome Overdrive.  Bought one of those last year at B&N.  Didn't realize what is was until I opened and realized I didn't know a single player.  And there seemed to be a couple of each player in the set.
Correct, and also like Bowman U football and basketball last year.

I saw a bunch more blasters this morning and passed on them, I think I'm good.

Many mock drafts have him going to Detroit in the event they don't get #1 and take Victor.

Though I'm hoping they get #1 and take Victor.

Now that the Pistons aren’t getting Victor (booooo), I had to revisit this product to pick up some other guys that are mocked to Detroit at #5.

Got three blasters and ended up with multiple base and refractors of Brandon Miller (probably won’t be there at 5), Jarace Walker and Cam Whitmore.

Pretty sure I’m done with this product now!