`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ha Ha, You're Not Gonna Get Me, Topps!

Ha Ha, You're Not Gonna Get Me, Topps!
Just saw the checklist for the upcoming Bowman Chrome U Basketball, was curious if Victor Wembanyama was going to have a base card.

He does ... but it's an SP.

DBN Retail Sharks ... have at it!

Mark those babies up to $80 on DBay!

No interest in busting blaster after blaster after blaster at $25-30, even if I could find them, not to pull a Victor.

I have learned my lesson ... sometimes.

RE: Ha Ha, You're Not Gonna Get Me, Topps!
Good for you...think of the dangling carrot as a nasty hook!

(05-31-2023, 01:22 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Good for you...think of the dangling carrot as a nasty hook!
Yeah, it would be the kind of thing where once I started I couldn't stop ... I would buy every blaster, fat pack, etc. they had trying to pull it.

The DBN will actually be doing me a favor on this one, because they'll be all over it.

Yep, these bad boys are selling for about $500 right now.

Gonna take a hard pass, can’t imagine how difficult they’ll be in retail if I even wanted to fight the sharks for them.

(Of course, LaMelo Ball Hoops RCs were selling for $200+ when they first came out, so …)

As predicted, these are cooling off ... you can get them in the $300 to $350 range at the moment.

Still a great card that I would be thrilled to pull, but the SP gimmick is a huge no go for me.

I find it bizarre that Topps has put out two Topps Now Victor cards (first pitch at Yankee Stadium and NBA draft night), but Panini has done nothing.

Something to do with losing their license?

It's highly unlike them not to try to squeeze every dime possible out of everyone.

I have the first pitch Victor card in hand direrctly from Topps and allegedly (fingers crossed) have the draft night card coming soon via DBay.

Aye, I was going to get some Chrome U for a chance at him until I noticed it was a short print.

I'll just wait for him in his Spurs uniform... some Donruss or Hoops will satisfy me.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(07-14-2023, 09:18 PM)hempick Wrote: Aye, I was going to get some Chrome U for a chance at him until I noticed it was a short print.

I'll just wait for him in his Spurs uniform... some Donruss or Hoops will satisfy me.
I think I’ve opened four blasters and haven’t pulled one (not even positive they’re available in retail).

But that’s about my normal amount I’d buy of a specific product, so I’m somewhat proud of myself for not going off the deep end for that one.

I once pulled the Brett Favre Vikings SP out of a blaster of 2009 Donruss Threads, it’s one of my favorite cards. I also got a Percy Hardin rookie jersey in that blaster, I was like wow, this should have gone to a Vikings fan.

I made a massive trade at a new LCS in my general area the other day and came home with a Victor Wembanyama refractor from Bowman's Best ... didn't even have to buy any packs or boxes!

Congrats RJ. I love trading and getting something for my PC.