`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Leaf Draft - Two Streaks Continue!

2023 Leaf Draft - Two Streaks Continue!
So on ZSDOne's recommendation, I got one 3-auto blaster of 2023 Leaf Draft and one of the 2-auto versions, each from different Targets.

Glad I did!

First and foremost, I got my first two "pack pulled" Brock Purdy cards from the guaranteed 10-card cello sets, LOL

(I know it doesn't really count, but it was much nicer than waiting for some crusty eBay envelope and some Purdy single in a toploader with dog hair and tape residue all over it.) 

But in the process of opening these blasters, I also continued two streaks simultaneously ...

1) Pulling at least one USC auto per year
2) Only pulling an auto of a player almost immediately after purchasing one

Let me explain.

A couple of weeks back I bought a nice Bowman Chrome U auto of USC running back Raleek Brown for about $15 shipped.

So, of course, whose auto do I pull in the 2-auto Leaf blaster?

Raleek Brown, of course!

(I've done this many, many, many times over the years - bought autos of guys like Bryce Harper, Ken Griffey Jr. and Matt Barkley on DBay and then pulled them on my own within two weeks out of different products.)

It also continued my streak of pulling at least one USC auto in retail draft products going back several years.

Here is the rundown of my autos:

3-auto blaster (CJ Stroud on cover):

- Colby Wooden (fourth round, Packers LB)
- Brayden Willis (seventh round, 49ers TE, PC)
- MJ Anderson, (UDFA, Seahawks DE) - Iowa State!

2-auto blaster (Bryce Young on cover):

- Raleek Brown, (USC RB - NIL)
- Logan Bonner (UDFA, Calgary Stampeders QB) - very nice signature

One other cool note, my 10-card set in the 2-auto version was the blue version - the one I was hoping for, as the Jahmyr Gibbs and the Hendon Hooker are "color matches" to their pro team, my beloved Detroit Lions!

Definitely one and done on these, very pleased.

RE: 2023 Leaf Draft - Two Streaks Continue!
I got onw of the Bonner autos as well and it is definitely one of the best looking signatures out there

And congratulations on the Iowa State banger - you know that's actually the auto card they use to illustrate that product

If Purdy is starting in San Francisco, the tight end card could actually turn out pretty good - Purdy throws a bunch to the tight end (both Charlie Koler and Chase Allen put up good numbers with Purdy at Iowa State)

Upon further review, Anderson's auto is pretty cool as well with the dollar sign-ish looking element to it.

(06-06-2023, 09:58 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Upon further review, Anderson's auto is pretty cool as well with the dollar sign-ish looking element to it.
Anderson also is a bit more interesting than the average UDFA - he's another Matt Campbell special - super athletic but he barely played high school football and was still learning the game while in college

(06-06-2023, 10:17 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Anderson also is a bit more interesting than the average UDFA - he's another Matt Campbell special - super athletic but he barely played high school football and was still learning the game while in college
Good to know ... I do also follow the Seahawks a little bit because of the Pete Carroll connection, so I'll keep an eye on him.

Leaf finally released the check list of this, and it is one of the most bizarre checklists for a draft product ever - it seems to include just about anyone who Leaf could get to sign autographs - and there are several 2022 draft picks which are presumably a sticker dump

Here is the checklist for this - note that there is also a format for this with base cards and autos

The autograph checklist is downright wild:

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2023...ball-cards

Thanks for the help!

If you actually want to get some of the base cards, Leaf now has them up on their website

https://shop.leaftradingcards.com/produc...phed-cards

I wonder if they'll release the pack format in retail?