Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Can't Possibly Hate Anything More Than I Hate Panini

I Can't Possibly Hate Anything More Than I Hate Panini
Banger Bros,

The joke was on me again! LOL, Panini, you never cease to amaze me with how badly you suck!

The literal second (as in - literally, the literal second) that all the Jared Goff autos went live on the Panini "Rewards" site today, I tried adding a nice prime material auto/25 for my 600 points to my cart.

Kept getting a "experiencing high volume, please try again" message, so I kept trying.

Eventually got this message:

[Image: Goff.jpg]

So I moved on to my second choice, a 2021 silver prizm Goff auto.

Added it to my cart, great!

And then more Panini shenanigans ... it wouldn't let me select my own mailing address that the site itself suggested ... then the page took a dump.

Out of stock, out of my cart.

Then I changed strategies, got a regular Absolute base auto for 250 points added to my cart, then went into my saved "wish list" (LOL, like I actually want them) for a couple of older cards, because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $13 shipping for one card.

So even though the two cards I was going to add have been on the site for years and absolutely nobody gives a crap about them - including me - I again got the "high volume" message ... on a 2013-14 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope jersey card for my Pistons PC.

So guess what ... by the time that loaded, the last Goff auto was sold out and dropped out of my cart.

OK, I'll go to my second player choice ... local guy Najee Harris ... nope, all sold out.

Even if I actually wanted one, how about a Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson auto ... nope, all sold out.

So my 600 points became a Brandon Aiyuk jersey auto for my 49ers PC (meh), the KCP jersey card and a 50-point special jersey auto of Malachi Richardson for my Kings PC.

I cannot underscore how much I absolutely loathe this vile company.

If I'm clicking on "add to cart" the literal second it goes live, how are there 25 people already ahead of me for the Goff?

Bots?

Case breaker banger bros with inside access?

And all of the other Goff autos sell out in under 10 minutes?

So either A) there are a crapload of new bandwagon Lions fans that suddenly all want Jared Goff autos, or B) everyone is so desperate for anything remotely collectable on the deplorable Rewards site that they'll snap up anything with a pulse.

I swear I will never waste my time, energy or money on a Rewards card again.

In the highly unfortunate event that I ever pull another one, it will immediately go up for grabs on this site and you can pretty much send me anything you want for it.

I'll even take a base vet team set of 2022 Score Chicago Bears - that's about how much these Rewards cards are worth to me.

RE: I Can't Possibly Hate Anything More Than I Hate Panini
There's no doubt it's being botted - it's almost impossible to get anything you want from the Rewards site even if you don't even want a super desirable card - the THT /10 I got took five minutes of clicking before it went through - and only reason why I got it was that the bots were getting the other cards and there weren't bots going for it.

FOTL boxes and even the regular boxes are the same

there's a reason why I've reached the point where I'm only buying Leaf, Sage, and Onyx boxes

As with everything Panini, if they gave even the slightest crap they could keep the bots from getting everything.

I mean, I love Goff and glad he's our quarterback, but there's definitely a problem when dozens if not hundreds of Goff autos sell out in under 10 minutes.

I suspect those cards were bought up by bots and will wind up on Fleebay or at LCS at inflated prices - the collectors aren't using bots - it's flippers

And Panini doesn't care, they've already gotten paid

(06-19-2023, 11:25 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I suspect those cards were bought up by bots and will wind up on Fleebay or at LCS at inflated prices - the collectors aren't using bots - it's flippers

And Panini doesn't care, they've already gotten paid
Facts. And they've gotten my last $13 as far as Rewards cards go.

Never again.

Reminds me of the time I tried to get a Justin Fields Instant card from them.

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1623136.html

They truly are the worst and I won't miss them at all.

(06-19-2023, 10:47 AM)rjcj2017Even if I actually wanted one, how about a Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson auto ... nope, all sold out. Wrote: In the highly unfortunate event that I ever pull another one, it will immedaitely go up for grabs on this site and you can pretty much send me anything you want for it.
I still have a 150 and a 600 that I haven't redeemed yet, since I never can find anything for the 1100 I already have sitting there.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(06-19-2023, 05:47 PM)jplarson Wrote: Reminds me of the time I tried to get a Justin Fields Instant card from them. 

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1623136.html

They truly are the worst and I won't miss them at all.
I remember that, was hoping that since some of the Goffs weren’t even numbered that I could get “ah” card.

I mean, what is the point of advertising them like that if no actual people can get them?

(06-19-2023, 06:15 PM)dogger99 Wrote: I still have a 150 and a 600 that I haven't redeemed yet, since I never can find anything for the 1100 I already have sitting there.
It would be one thing if they still had good stuff … back in the day they did.

Now it’s just more DBN BS.

(06-19-2023, 07:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I remember that, was hoping that since some of the Goffs weren’t even numbered that I could get “ah” card.

I mean, what is the point of advertising them like that if no actual people can get them?
That was a reasonable hope! Y'know for all we know, they had just 1 of each Goff and used it as a sort of advertisement to get people to the site.