`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Happens To Me All the Time - GEM FIRE Cade Pull!

This Happens To Me All the Time - GEM FIRE Cade Pull!
Basketball bros,

Thorughout my card collecting career, one thing has consistently happened to me over and over and over again.

I buy a card online ... then within days, I pull the same card or a similar one to what I'm looking for.

Case in point - I collect Cade Cunningham of the Pistons. I've been wanting a card of his in the teal throwback uniforms of the late 90s/early 2000s (the "horsepower flame" design) for a while now.

So a few days ago, I bought a random 2022-23 Revolution base card for cheap online:

[Image: Cade2.jpg]

Fast forward to exactly five days later.

I'm in Walmart this morning on the way to work and purchase exactly one blaster of 2022-23 Select for the low low price of $34.98.

Fourth pack ... of course. MOJO! GEM FIRE BANGER! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Image: Cade.jpg]

Cade Silver Prizm, throwback uniform!

Most second year cards don't normally get the magnet holder treatment from me, but this card is special for two reasons. One, it's the first throwback uni card of Cade I've pulled on my own, and two, I bought dozens of blasters of various products last year during Cade's rookie season and never pulled a Pistons color parallel of any kind.

RE: This Happens To Me All the Time - GEM FIRE Cade Pull!
Nice work. Both cards are sharp looking. You should start buying more expensive cards now. Buy a Mike Trout auto and days later pull another one. I think this is a great plan.

(07-18-2023, 10:46 AM)akaus Wrote: Nice work. Both cards are sharp looking. You should start buying more expensive cards now. Buy a Mike Trout auto and days later pull another one. I think this is a great plan.
LOL.

But, do not buy a 1 of 1...

(07-18-2023, 10:46 AM)akaus Wrote: Nice work. Both cards are sharp looking. You should start buying more expensive cards now. Buy a Mike Trout auto and days later pull another one. I think this is a great plan.
I did that with Bryce Harper in 2011 ... bought his Bowman base auto as an online redemption then pulled his Bowman Chrome refractor auto out of a blaster of all things (the reason I joined Beckett) just a few months later.

See. The plan works. Please remember us at Beckett when you become really rich from this plan.

(07-18-2023, 12:09 PM)akaus Wrote: See. The plan works. Please remember us at Beckett when you become really rich from this plan.
LOLZ

(07-18-2023, 11:19 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: LOL.

But, do not buy a 1 of 1...
That would be hard to beat though.