Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oh Yeah! BROCK PARTY - Let's Gooooooooooo - 2022 Chronicles

Oh Yeah! BROCK PARTY - Let's Gooooooooooo - 2022 Chronicles
Football Banger Bros,

Technically I ended my "no Brock Purdy cards whatsoever out of packs" streak with a second year blue base parallel out of 2023 Leaf Draft last week.

Still intact was my "no Brock Purdy rookie cards out of packs" streak.

Key word - "was"

So I stopped in to Target on Tuesday and was delighted to find some 2022 NFL Chronicles Football blasters.

(Yes, the ones with multiple "rookie cards" per player.)

Brock was even pictured on the box! I figured even I couldn't screw this up.

Well, first blaster ... no Brock Purdy cards.

LOL - really?

Second blaster, however ... MOJO!

[Image: Brock-Chron-Crop.jpg]

I got the clear card on the right in the first pack, and the PhotoGenic card on the left in the fourth pack.

My first two pack pulled Brock Purdy "rookie cards" !!! GEM FIRE BANGERS

Now, technically, Beckett does not recognize most of the Chronicles cards as rookie cards.

Also, Chronicles always has been a weird product because it shows that season's stats already and the copyright is from the following year.

(Meaning, for example, these 2022 Brock Purdy cards have 2022 stats and a 2023 copyright on the back, though the product name does say "2022 Chronicles" on the back right above the 2023 copyright.)

Sooooo ... I'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend these are 2022 Brock Purdy rookie cards.

Note on PhotoGenic - clearly this is Panini's attempt at copying Stadium Club - very similar pictures and card stock.

But I like it. Because I like Stadium Club.

However, Panini gonna Panini, and about half of the 42 cards in the box were PhotoGenic veteran base cards instead of rookie cards from various other products like they did in previous years.

(So the Brock was a relatively tough pull.)

My favorite part about that card is that he actually looks like he's saying, "Let's Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

I agree, Brock!

I also pulled a nice Aidan Hutchinson Luminance pink parallel RC so I'm pretty sure I'm done with this product.

RE: Oh Yeah! BROCK PARTY - Let's Gooooooooooo - 2022 Chronicles
Nice bangers !!!!!!
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

Why be done? You're on a HOTTTTT Streak!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

We're going to make you into.an Iowa State collector yet

You're be stockpiling Sage Rosenfels Press Pass autos soon (as you should, those are great cards)

Looks like you already burst your own bubble about those being rookie cards. According to Beckett, only the base vets and rookies in the Chronicles set are "Main cards". Everything else is tagged as parallels and inserts.

But I say screw Beckett. If Panini puts the RC logo on the card then it is a friggin RC (other than the parallels). So put those in a toploader with "Rookie Card" on it.

Since they released the set in 2023, they have to put the 2023 Copyright on the back. You use to only have that happen with basketball and hockey. But it probably applies to all sports now that they are releasing the product year round +. When did 2022 Sage Hit and Leaf come out? Around March 2022? And 1 1/2 years later they are still releasing 2022 product. I long for the good old days when I was a youngster and would start finding football cards around September and they would pretty much be gone by January/February to start making room for baseball cards.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(07-20-2023, 08:08 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Looks like you already burst your own bubble about those being rookie cards.  According to Beckett, only the base vets and rookies in the Chronicles set are "Main cards".  Everything else is tagged as parallels and inserts.

But I say screw Beckett.  If Panini puts the RC logo on the card then it is a friggin RC (other than the parallels).  So put those in a toploader with "Rookie Card" on it.

Since they released the set in 2023, they have to put the 2023 Copyright on the back.  You use to only have that happen with basketball and hockey.  But it probably applies to all sports now that they are releasing the product year round +.  When did 2022 Sage Hit and Leaf come out? Around March 2022?  And 1 1/2 years later they are still releasing 2022 product.  I long for the good old days when I was a youngster and would start find football cards around September and they would pretty much be gone by January/February to start making room for baseball cards.
Facts, I miss the good ol’ days as well

1. Amazing Purdy hits dude, congrats!

2. I now miss the days when I saw the year next to the stat line and knew to count up by 1 and that was very likely the year the card was made.

And yet Beckett still labels the Pro Bowl/Super Bowl promotional Finest cards as "1999-00" even though they came out in January. The lack of standards in this industry is annoying.

(07-21-2023, 10:07 AM)jplarson Wrote: 1.  Amazing Purdy hits dude, congrats!

2.  I now miss the days when I saw the year next to the stat line and knew to count up by 1 and that was very likely the year the card was made.

And yet Beckett still labels the Pro Bowl/Super Bowl promotional Finest cards as "1999-00" even though they came out in January.  The lack of standards in this industry is annoying.
Thank you sir ... went back for one more blaster and they were all cleared out ... 20+ gone in a little over a day.

The DBN goes nuts for football and basketballk around here, I feel very fortunate to pull the two that I did.

I was about to buy a Mega today at Walmart but decided to pass. Going to watch a few more breaks on the Tube and see if it is worth it. Did buy a blaster at Target last week. Was thinking I was getting a 2023 Chronicles Draft Picks and wasn't paying attention. Was pissed at myself at first then remembered the regular 2022 Chronicles was just recently released as well. Got the Panini Purdy and Panini Pink Pickett and Brady (PC) and a few other decent ones.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Nice hits! Those are RCs if you say those are RCs. I could go on about objective vs. subjective values with cards.

The title of this thread amuses me, did you just press down the "o" key and wait till you got bored?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers