Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Any Kurt Warner autograph experts here
Wink 
Any Kurt Warner autograph experts here
I was at a store today looking at some cards and saw this autograph of Kurt Warner on a mini helmet. I was tempted to buy it but there was not COA so I passed. The store is only a few minutes from my house so I can go got it. I wanted to check to see what you guys thought. Is this a legit auto?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Any Kurt Warner autograph experts here
(07-21-2023, 01:42 PM)Brutalfly Wrote: I was at a store today looking at some cards and saw this autograph of Kurt Warner on a mini helmet. I was tempted to buy it but there was not COA so I passed. The store is only a few minutes from my house so I can go got it. I wanted to check to see what you guys thought. Is this a legit auto?
You could try looking up Kurt Warner autos on eBay, specifically helmets ... generally players like to sign on the same general spot, so first look for that, and then you can also check for the slant of the writing, similar pressure points/pen streaks, etc.

At first glance it looks legit to me, but make sure to compare it to other examples:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...=0&_sop=10

Good luck!

If I had a scanner, I'd post my 2013 Topps Supreme auto card for comparison - obviously sometimes signatures on cards look different from signatures on larger objects due to the compressed place to sign cards

Autos can also change over time

Having said that the K posted there is off from the K on my certified auto card - also the T and W are not consistent with what is on the card

I would be extremely cautious and definitely look at several certified examples because it's possible he has changed his signature over time (my card is now a decade old so he could have simplified his K or could simply use a simpler K when signing on a non-flat surface like a mini helmet)

Thank you both for you comments and opinions. They were both helpful and great info. I did some comparing and from other helmets I looked at it seem to be more legit to me. I did go back to look at the helmet and it was gone. So looks like somebody has the same idea I had. I am glad that whoever bought it was able to get it and hopefully they got a hood thing.

It's also possible that athletes take their time at a sit down, paid signing (like a card show) versus signing as fast as possible at training camp or a game or something ... so even if two autos look different they may still be legit.

Either way, you can tell by the link above there are several certified options out there.