`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Score Value Packs no longer the best Value

Score Value Packs no longer the best Value
Looks like the Value Packs are no longer the better value.  Price might be the same as last year, but you now get 30 cards instead of 40.  Thanks Panini for the shrinkflation.

Walmart Blaster: $27.99, 132 cards, $0.21/card
Walmart Value Pack: $7.99, 30 cards, $0.27/card

Target Blaster: $24.99, 132 cards, $0.19/card
Target Value Pack: $6.98, 30 cards, $0.23/card

Looks like the "Value" packs are no longer the better value.
08/19 - Bought a couple of blasters yesterday. Though the Value packs have a higher price/card, you do get a lot more inserts which will give you more value than the extra base. But if you are going for the base set, then the blasters are the better choice. I usually put the base and the retail insert sets together, so not sure what I will do. May not pursue either. With 2 blasters and 6 value packs, I already have several triples.

I have been building this set for several years (think back to 2013) and usually buy the value packs to get the most base cards/cost.  This year not sure if I am going to bother with the set.  But if I do, guess I will switch over to the blasters where you also get a numbered card/box.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Score Value Packs no longer the best Value
LOL, Walmart gonna Walmart and charge $3 more per blaster than Target, for no reason at all

(08-14-2023, 09:44 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: LOL, Walmart gonna Walmart and charge $3 more per blaster than Target, for no reason at all
But Wal-Mart has the best prices!  Just ask them!

In all seriousness, since Wal-Mart increased the price of cards I hardly ever bother going to Wal-Mart to look at cards and thus that means I essentially never go to Wal-Mart at all.

(08-14-2023, 10:30 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: But Wal-Mart has the best prices!  Just ask them!

In all seriousness, since Wal-Mart increased the price of cards I hardly ever bother going to Wal-Mart to look at cards and thus that means I essentially never go to Wal-Mart at all.
Like, it would be different if the Walmart blasters had some extra content that the Target blasters didn't, or an extra pack or something.

From what I can tell they're identical.

Panini gonna Panini.

We don't have Meijer around here. But from watching UTube videos, they are higher priced than Walmart.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

(08-15-2023, 02:23 PM)dogger99 Wrote: We don't have Meijer around here.  But from watching UTube videos, they are higher priced than Walmart.
Meijer was the original big box store back in Michigan, like 20 years before Target and Walmart.

(08-15-2023, 10:33 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Like, it would be different if the Walmart blasters had some extra content that the Target blasters didn't, or an extra pack or something.

From what I can tell they're identical.

Panini gonna Panini.
Some of the blasters do have different parallels - how the Wal-Mart ones are worth $5 more than the Target ones I don't know

(08-15-2023, 03:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Meijer was the original big box store back in Michigan, like 20 years before Target and Walmart.
Just looked it up.  Damn, been around since 1934.

(08-15-2023, 08:48 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Just looked it up.  Damn, been around since 1934.
I used to go there all the time with my grandparents when I was a kid … 90 percent of my Star Wars collection was obtained there, LOL