`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Totally Biased, But Caleb Williams Should Stay at USC

I'm Totally Biased, But Caleb Williams Should Stay at USC
Otherwise, he's almost guranteed to go to Arizona number one overall next year.

What a disastrously crappy franchise.

True, they've been to "ah" Super Bowl and my beloved Lions haven't, so I don't have much room to talk, but Good Lord what a dumpster fire the Cardinals are.

Not only did they put Kyler Murray on the PUP list today, but they also released Colt McCoy.

Meaning ... their QB1 to start the season will either be ... wait for it ... Josh Dobbs or Clayton Tune.

They might as well put a huge banner oiutside the stadium that says "We're Actively Tanking for Caleb."

I really don't want him to go there.

RE: I'm Totally Biased, But Caleb Williams Should Stay at USC
Maybe they can trade a flat football to the Eagles for Marcus Mariota

I just looked at Arizona's projected roster and yikes

With the NIL, it's actually possible Williams would stay but still unlikely at the top level

(08-29-2023, 10:21 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I just looked at Arizona's projected roster and yikes

With the NIL, it's actually possible Williams would stay but still unlikely at the top level
I mean, I know the goal and the dream is to play in the NFL, but ... the Cardinals?

No matter how good he is, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

(08-29-2023, 10:55 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I mean, I know the goal and the dream is to play in the NFL, but ... the Cardinals?

No matter how good he is, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig.
He's already getting that Wendy's money (I hope they give the NCAA the finger by putting him in an ad with Reggie Bush) so if anyone can afford to say "no" it's him.

(08-31-2023, 09:44 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: He's already getting that Wendy's money (I hope they give the NCAA the finger by putting him in an ad with Reggie Bush) so if anyone can afford to say "no" it's him.
The Reggie Bush thing is 1,000 percent bulls-t.

Sore subject for me for sure, he and Matt Barkley are my all-time favorite Trojans by far, and that's saying a lot.

Let's do a peer review of other NCAA schools and their shenanigans during the same time frame ...

(No offense Speak)

Ohio State - thriving marijuana shop disguised as tattoo parlor
U of Miami - Fantasy Island sex boat for incoming recruits
Penn State - Sandusky, enough said

So Reggie's break on the rent for his parents looks pretty vanilla in comparison.

(Put it this way ... OJ Simpson's Heisman Trophy is still in good standing with both the school and the NCAA.)

Although, a few years back when the sanctions were first announced and Reggie's Heisman was taken away, you could still buy a signed lithograph of him in the campus bookstore for the low low price of $1,500.

So the school was still happy to make money off him while simultaneously denouncing any affiliation with him.

Oh well, I saw what I saw.

He won the Heisman Trophy on the field and the team won two national championships (easily woulda coulda shoulda been three) while he was there.

I love your idea of a Wendy's commercial with him and Caleb.

They could be sitting at a booth having lunch, with Caleb's Heisman sitting on the table.

Reggie reaches across the table like he was going to grab some of Caleb's fries ...

Reggie - "Mind if we share?"

Caleb (pushes tray of food toward Reggie) - "Sure, you can have some of my fries"

Reggie (grabs Caleb's Heisman) - "That's not what I was talking about" 

Caleb - "Man, you need to get your own Heisman Trophy"

(Reggie looks at camera dejectedly, fade to black)

That would be awesome.

(08-31-2023, 10:40 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The Reggie Bush thing is 1,000 percent bulls-t.

Sore subject for me for sure, he and Matt Barkley are my all-time favorite Trojans by far, and that's saying a lot.

Let's do a peer review of other NCAA schools and their shenanigans during the same time frame ...

(No offense Speak)

Ohio State - thriving marijuana shop disguised as tattoo parlor
U of Miami - Fantasy Island sex boat for incoming recruits
Penn State - Sandusky, enough said

So Reggie's break on the rent for his parents looks pretty vanilla in comparison.

(Put it this way ... OJ Simpson's Heisman Trophy is still in good standing with both the school and the NCAA.)

Although, a few years back when the sanctions were first announced and Reggie's Heisman was taken away, you could still buy a signed lithograph of him in the campus bookstore for the low low price of $1,500.

So the school was still happy to make money off him while simultaneously denouncing any affiliation with him.

Oh well, I saw what I saw.

He won the Heisman Trophy on the field and the team won two national championships (easily woulda coulda shoulda been three) while he was there.

I love your idea of a Wendy's commercial with him and Caleb.

They could be sitting at a booth having lunch, with Caleb's Heisman sitting on the table.

Reggie reaches across the table like he was going to grab some of Caleb's fries ...

Reggie - "Mind if we share?"

Caleb (pushes tray of food toward Reggie) - "Sure, you can have some of my fries"

Reggie (grabs Caleb's Heisman) - "That's not what I was talking about" 

Caleb - "Man, you need to get your own Heisman Trophy"

(Reggie looks at camera dejectedly, fade to black)

That would be awesome.
Put it to film, Wendy's would have such an influx of new customers, their profit growth would be exponential.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

I'm a fan of Wendy's in general, very old school and delicious burgers

That commercial would put it over the top.

It would be absolutely wild for the Cardinals to draft another 1st round, top 10 QB while still having the predecessor on the roster!

2018, 1-10, Josh Rosen
2019, 1-1, Kyler Murray (traded Rosen shortly after drafting Murray)
2024, 1-1?, Caleb Williams?!

Honestly I could see the Cardinals doing what the Bears did this past draft and trading the pick, assuming they get the top pick, for a boatload of stuff.

rj - you're quite the marketing genius!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]