Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Could Have One Company/Set Back

If You Could Have One Company/Set Back
What would it be and why?

My answer: Press Pass Legends College Licensed - why?  Great looking cards, on card autos, and a fantastic checklist with lots of Hall of Famers, College Hall of Famers, Heisman Trophy Winners, Coaches, even some current rookies.  Always some great photos - as well - and when they were college licensed, the logos were always visible.

Press Pass in general was a great company - but the Legends set while it still had the College License was fantastic.  

I understand it was more their inability to make money off of the NASCAR cards that caused Press Pass to go bankrupt, but losing the ability to get college licensed cards definitely hurt them in 2011 and 2012 - still well designed cards with on card autos, but without the nice photography it just wasn't the same.

RE: If You Could Have One Company/Set Back
Press Pass Legends were great sets!
I have several cards from like 2008 - 2010.

I always loved Pacific Trading Cards. They were very innovative.
I really like their late 1990s - early 2000 cards
They created the only jersey and patch cards for my favorite player, so I give them extra props.
Crown Die Cuts, Cramer's Choice, their use of foil / prism, etc etc etc

I think they lost their NFLPA license, which pretty much destroyed them.
I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills,  NBA: Jerry West, Jevon Carter, Miles McBride, MLB: Jedd Gyorko, etc.

Upper Deck Collector's Choice.

I loved the silver/gold facsimile signatures and later loved the silver/platinum Player's Club parallels.

You Crash the Game was a redemption set that was a redemption to look forward to AND predated a lot of the fantasy gaming we have today.

Starquest cards were amazing, loved loved loved them.

Big ol' checklists and full stats.

I would love to see the return of the 40 Man/XL/Topps Total type sets that go beyond the same 3-4 players that are in every set these days.

(09-15-2023, 11:54 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I would love to see the return of the 40 Man/XL/Topps Total type sets that go beyond the same 3-4 players that are in every set these days.
There are now some colleges who has licensed whole team NIL cards - not sure if USC has though