`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When is a Prizm a Prizm? Who Knows - or Cares - Anymore?

When is a Prizm a Prizm? Who Knows - or Cares - Anymore?
Friends,

Every year I dabble in a blaster or two of wrestling cards.

This time I went for "ah" blaster of 2023 Select WWE for the low low price of $29.98.

Upon further inspection of the card backs, Panini has mailed it in - again - by putting the word "prizm" on all of the card backs, even if they are just base.

I've said it before and it's been true ever since - you have to try very hard not to care this much.

Yet, ironically, Panini rolls out a product called Phoenix in which none of the "prizm" color parallels are listed that way on the back, ever, in any product in any sport.

Panini ... wait for it ... gonna Panini.

At least it was a crappy box - Hulk Hogan base and Stone Cold silver prizm were the best cards by far.

RE: When is a Prizm a Prizm? Who Knows - or Cares - Anymore?
Yeah Panini! Congrats on your garbage RJ. It sounds like you got a hot box of all Prizm base cards.

(09-18-2023, 03:21 PM)akaus Wrote: Yeah Panini! Congrats on your garbage RJ. It sounds like you got a hot box of all Prizm base cards.
Almost - the funny thing was, I was looking at the Hogan card back just because, and it said "prizm" ... and I was like, oh, that's cool, I didn't notice (because the design is kind of busy and colorful) ... and then realized it wasn't actually a Prizm parallel.

Then I went through the rest of the stack and realized Panini went Panini again.

I mean ... ?

I think you and I have had this conversation before ... I was a former sports editor in a previous life, I would be happy to consult with them on quality control (i.e., proofreading) in return for the occasional case of cards.

But that would require them giving a crap.

Panini Prizm = silver looking sets.

Panini Prizm Silver = rainbow looking sets.

Panini Phoenix Silver /w no Prizm on back = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Panini Select /w Prizm on the back but no silver on the front = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With Select Draft Picks, the base retail are different from the hobby version (blue (retail) versus silver (hobby) - it is quite possible that it is a special retail parallel color for the base and thus because they are a parallel they are labeled Prizm.

Of course, Panini also made the 2017 Prizm rookies all Silver Prizms which led to some DBN types charging unaware new collectors extra for Patrick Mahomes Silver Prizm rookies

(09-19-2023, 09:38 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: With Select Draft Picks, the base retail are different from the hobby version (blue (retail) versus silver (hobby) - it is quite possible that it is a special retail parallel color for the base and thus because they are a parallel they are labeled Prizm.

Of course, Panini also made the 2017 Prizm rookies all Silver Prizms which led to some DBN types charging unaware new collectors extra for Patrick Mahomes Silver Prizm rookies
If it wasn't Panini we were talking about here, that might be a good explanation.

I'm more inclined to believe they just effed up and didn't give a crap.

But, like I said, who knows - or cares - anymore?

(09-18-2023, 08:33 PM)jplarson Wrote: Panini Prizm = silver looking sets.

Panini Prizm Silver = rainbow looking sets.

Panini Phoenix Silver /w no Prizm on back = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Panini Select /w Prizm on the back but no silver on the front = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That should be their new logo, LOL

They should introduce it by making a new product called "Panini Whatever" with that logo in the top right corner

Packs could be missing cards, have extra cards, have products from previous years or other sports mixed in, not even necessarily made by Panini

Blank redemption cards - "dear valued customer, send this redemption card in for something random a couple of years down the road, though we can't exactly promise that either"

Three packs, 2 cards per pack, call them Mega Boxes for the low low price of $79.99

(Sad thing is, this isn't extremely far off from the current product offerings or customer service level)

LOL

Panini Whatever - isn't this considered Chronicles?
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(10-13-2023, 03:04 PM)Speak917 Wrote: LOL

Panini Whatever - isn't this considered Chronicles?
Hayooooooo